Require Passcode Immediately

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Under <Settings><Require Passcode> my only option is "immediately." Is this something new with Touch ID? Or iPhone 6? Or iOS 8? I'd like to choose a little extra time. Am I missing something?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Under <Settings><Require Passcode> my only option is "immediately." Is this something new with Touch ID? Or iPhone 6? Or iOS 8? I'd like to choose a little extra time. Am I missing something?
I don't yet have the 6 or 6 Plus. On my 5, it shows all the options. So not iOS 8, unless a bug. Someone with a 6 needs to weigh in. Try a hard reset, then reset all settjngs if it doesn't work. But wait for someone else to reply.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
It should only require the password immediately if you have either just restarted the phone or have just turned the phone on.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
If you enable TouchID, that's your only option. It's been like that since TouchID was introduced, AFAIK.
Ok. Thanks. I was thinking it might have something to do with the touch ID, since this is the first phone I have had that has it. kind of inconvenient. But at least I know I didn't screw up something!

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Ok. Thanks. I was thinking it might have something to do with the touch ID, since this is the first phone I have had that has it. kind of inconvenient. But at least I know I didn't screw up something!
What's makes it inconvenient? Just press the Home button to wake the phone, depress button but leave your finger on the button until it unlocks which happens immediately.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I'm working on that move. It actually works quite well once you get used to it!
Once you get used to it, if you go back to an iDevice that doesn't have it, you'll realize how convenient TouchID is and wonder how you ever lived without it. lol

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
ZR_Yancy is correct. It has been that way since the day the 5s was launched. It bothered me at first because I was so used to having a one-hour passcode lock on the older phones, but then I got used to using the scanner and realized that an immediate lock makes the most sense.