Require Passcode Immediately

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Lon, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Under <Settings><Require Passcode> my only option is "immediately." Is this something new with Touch ID? Or iPhone 6? Or iOS 8? I'd like to choose a little extra time. Am I missing something?

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I don't yet have the 6 or 6 Plus. On my 5, it shows all the options. So not iOS 8, unless a bug. Someone with a 6 needs to weigh in. Try a hard reset, then reset all settjngs if it doesn't work. But wait for someone else to reply.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

3. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

It should only require the password immediately if you have either just restarted the phone or have just turned the phone on.

4. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

If you enable TouchID, that's your only option. It's been like that since TouchID was introduced, AFAIK.

5. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Ok. Thanks. I was thinking it might have something to do with the touch ID, since this is the first phone I have had that has it. kind of inconvenient. But at least I know I didn't screw up something!

6. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

What's makes it inconvenient? Just press the Home button to wake the phone, depress button but leave your finger on the button until it unlocks which happens immediately.

7. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I'm working on that move. It actually works quite well once you get used to it!

8. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Once you get used to it, if you go back to an iDevice that doesn't have it, you'll realize how convenient TouchID is and wonder how you ever lived without it. lol

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

ZR_Yancy is correct. It has been that way since the day the 5s was launched. It bothered me at first because I was so used to having a one-hour passcode lock on the older phones, but then I got used to using the scanner and realized that an immediate lock makes the most sense.