Required Data Plan?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

calebrown

Jun 12, 2007
On June 29th will we all be required to sign up for a Data Plan in addition to the current 40 dollar voice plan?

I can't seem to find the answer to this, does anyone know yet. Have any ideas?

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
On June 29th will we all be required to sign up for a Data Plan in addition to the current 40 dollar voice plan?

I can't seem to find the answer to this, does anyone know yet. Have any ideas?
Welcome! You might want to look around in some of the other threads, like this one. We don't know yet as the official announcement regarding plans hasn't happened yet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

skyman

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I spoke with my local AT&T rep and they stated the following:

1- You will be required to purchase the $39.95 PDA plan in addition to the voice plan.
2- Current AT&T customers will NOT be able to switch to this plan unless they want a different number or until their current contract expires.

I verified this with two other AT&T wireless stores.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I spoke with my local AT&T rep and they stated the following:

1- You will be required to purchase the $39.95 PDA plan in addition to the voice plan.
2- Current AT&T customers will NOT be able to switch to this plan unless they want a different number or until their current contract expires.

I verified this with two other AT&T wireless stores.
I know it was just a rep but does this mean that existing customers could use ANY plan that they currently have? As in pay 20 a month for the data?

May 31, 2007
Yes you will NEED the data plan. Certain features like the visual voicemail will not work without the data plan in place. I think it would be a shame to get such a cool phone and not be able to use all of the cool features...

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
If I can get on widgets and web I can live without Visual Voicemail. What fun is having an iPhone if you don't answer your calls :)

gs_neo

Jun 11, 2007
Southwest MO
I know it was just a rep but does this mean that existing customers could use ANY plan that they currently have? As in pay 20 a month for the data?
I sure hope AT&T/Cingular explains this soon. I'd like to keep my current voice plan and just add the required data plan if possible. Changing numbers to do so? I really don't care, I wouldn't mind having a number with my current area code.

jwarner

Jun 23, 2007
I was just at the AT&T Store yesterday and they said that AT&T is making a data plan package specifically for the iPhone but the associates have not been told what it will be yet. The iPhone specific plan makes sense as the iPhone has many features not available on other phones. ONLY 6 MORE DAYS!