reset all setting ?

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
ok, i am having a problem with my lock screen background not changing, i got it to change when i set my phone up at new, but once i did a restore from a backup, i wasn't able to change it again.
so what all does it reset ? or how do i set my phone up as new and i will just have to pt my contacts in myself

Nov 24, 2007
ok, i am having a problem with my lock screen background not changing, i got it to change when i set my phone up at new, but once i did a restore from a backup, i wasn't able to change it again.
so what all does it reset ? or how do i set my phone up as new and i will just have to pt my contacts in myself
i had this same problem, SSH into your phone and delete "LockBackground.jpg" from /private/var/mobile/Library/... this should fix your problem... when u delete it, it well go back to the default background (the earth pic)

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
i just wrote down my contacts, and set my phone up as new, and it fixed it, cause i wasn't jb

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Are you a windows users? Type all your contact info into Windows address book and let iTunes synch from that. No sense typing contact info into the phone.. What if you restore again?

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
if you restore again you can back-up your contacts into iTunes, and it saves them into windows address book, that`s what i did when i got my phone last year, typed in all the contacts in, and back-up in iTunes, and always restore as a new phone there is no point in doing a restore if you restore from a back-up, and after the restore is done, iTunes ask you what you want to import to the iPhone ex. bookmarks, contacts and so on, so if you do a back-up of the contacts before you restore you are ok

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
if you restore again you can back-up your contacts into iTunes, and it saves them into windows address book, that`s what i did when i got my phone last year, typed in all the contacts in, and back-up in iTunes, and always restore as a new phone there is no point in doing a restore if you restore from a back-up, and after the restore is done, iTunes ask you what you want to import to the iPhone ex. bookmarks, contacts and so on, so if you do a back-up of the contacts before you restore you are ok
i didn't know that haha:p
thanks, ill do that from now on