Reset network setting "bricked" iPhone 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by shutter13, Nov 14, 2014.

1. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

So my daughter an I were receiving the same phone calls, and by that I mean the exact same phone calls. If my son or wife called either of us, both our phones would ring. I decided to reset network settings on bth phones, my daughters (iPhone 5S) went through without a hitch. mine (jailbroken iPhone 6+), not so much, when it rebooted it stayed on the apple logo. I tried hard resetting it a few times and ended up putting it into DFU and am restoring it at the moment. It's too bad, I'm going to lose about 2 weeks worth of info, maybe that will teach me to back up more often.

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Phone calls or FaceTime calls?

3. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

regular cellular phone calls. Her iPhone 5S was my phone before I got the 6+, but that phone had a full restore done on it and got a brand new SIM card.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You didn't need to reset the network settings. There is a really simple fix for it. It's the default iOS 8 setting to route all cellular calls to every iOS device that is logged into the same Apple ID. It does this through FaceTime with the new FaceTime audio-only feature.

To fix the problem, on your daughters phone:
    Go to Settings > FaceTime > iPhone Cellular Calls > Toggle it off

You can toggle it off on your phone as well, but you'll want it on on your phone if you are routing calls to your Mac. I turn it off on my iPad and old iPhone but leave it on on my new phone so I can get calls on my Mac.

Side note: That's unfortunate that resetting network settings caused you to have to restore. It was just a fluke. Typically you can reset all settings and network settings on a jailbroken phone without problems.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

And now for a humor break: