Reset original iPhone need help!

Jan 20, 2014
Recently my friend put a pass lock on my phone for a joke, but now can't remember what it was! My phone is an original iPhone 4.2.2. when I go to my iTunes it said that its detected an iPhone, but couldn't access it cause there's a passcode. grr! I went to AT&T but they said to just hold the power button and home button until the silver Apple showed up! I did but nothing seemed to happen . Worst of all I don't even know if my home buttons working or not cause its very old and I've had trouble with it in the past. Any one go any ideas.

Jan 20, 2014
okay so I followed the instructions ,but eventually my phone turned on and iTunes only ever showed a pop up that said " iTunes could not connect to the iPhone "Alice's iPhone" because it is locked with a passcode you must enter your passcode on the iPhone before it can be used with iTunes. " only problem is I cant put in a passcode cause its disabled. ;P

Jan 20, 2014
Does anyone know if I HAVE to have a pc or mac to reset my iPhone? cause I'm using my hp home computer.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Requirements:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that is stuck on the passcode screen
USB cable to connect the device to a computer
Mac or Windows PC
iTunes
Those are the core requirements, if you have those you can proceed to reset the missing passcode.