Resets my data every time shut down...

kfhakan

Dec 15, 2007
We uses three iPhones 1.1.1 .Runs excellent and works just as good as I hoped.
One troubble is there. Configureing APN,password and username for GPRS/Edge and mail.... its working good and fast enough. But everytime I shut off my phone and resetart it -after i minute or 10 hours all the settings are gone and i have to start all over again with the edge configuration. There must be some way to save the settings. Haven´t found anything in the manuals available and it´s still not available here in Sweden......Advice?

kfhakan

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
It has to be a function of the unlocking. The iPhone should save the setttings. I know I sound like a broken record, but have you tried a restore to see if that fixes it?

kfhakan

Dec 15, 2007
It has to be a function of the unlocking. The iPhone should save the setttings. I know I sound like a broken record, but have you tried a restore to see if that fixes it?
Hello ...and thank you! No I haven't dared reset it because I don't know if its resetting and get the update to next version at the same time...but perhaps you know.Everything is working just the same on all three phones -comming from different places. Two from the US and one from Enland. Updated and unlocked by three differnt people.
facts _ The all are 1.1.1. Its no problem to push the button in I tunes -restore.
Do you know if it will be restored to 1.1.1 and that it still can be used without downgrading ,unlocking and so on?.
Would be very happy if I got a little help here

kfhakan

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
If you do restored a 1.1.1, you need to make sure you viriginize the phone first before you restore.

However if it's happening on all three phones it sounds like something maybe someone who has unlocked might have had happen before?

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
look to see if you have the unlocking tools menu in installer. there should be a fix in there that you can install to correct the edge setting problem

if you don't have that menu, while in installer goto sources >edit > add

and add the source http://i.unlock.no then it will appear