responding to stupid threads. Please help.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
man when i find a really good post i want to respond to i sometimes find it difficult get to the end of that guys post so that i can respond. Their post might take up more space than the area im supposed to type in. Im finding out that its impossible to scroll down to the buttom of their post so that i can start typing. Do you understand my retoric?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
See, i can respond to your stupid respones. If you had a large enough vocabulary at your disposal you might be able to fill up enough white space so that i couldnt rebuttle your stupidity. But you don't. Why even type in ANY response iny thread if you cant help me? Its obvious you are just building up your posts.

man when i find a really good post i want to respond to i sometimes find it difficult get to the end of that guys post so that i can respond. Their post might take up more space than the area im supposed to type in. Im finding out that its impossible to scroll down to the buttom of their post so that i can start typing. Do you understand my retoric?
Huh? :eek:

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
Can you please say more about this? I wasn't aware of this, how ro do it and what it does. Thank you.
When you're in Safari, you use one finger for scrolling, as you know. But that always scrolls the entire viewport, not the page itself. That is, the small rectangle you're "looking through" to see the webpage is what moves.

Okay, but what if a webpage has a frame, or other scrollable subsection? On your desktop, there'd be scrollbars within the page that you'd use. But oh no, the iPhone can't be seen with those. So to scroll a scrollable subsection instead of the whole window, you use TWO fingers at a time. The multi-touch screen sees that.

The reason the question often comes up because when you tap on a scrollable area to enter text, then the keyboard covers up a lot of the area. Plus you type enough, then you scroll off what you were replying to. Very frustrating, unless you know that you can dismiss the keyboard and then use two fingers to scroll up and down again.

Not sure I'm explaining this well.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
When you're in Safari, you use one finger for scrolling, as you know. But that always scrolls the entire viewport, not the page itself. That is, the small rectangle you're "looking through" to see the webpage is what moves.

Okay, but what if a webpage has a frame, or other scrollable subsection? On your desktop, there'd be scrollbars within the page that you'd use. But oh no, the iPhone can't be seen with those. So to scroll a scrollable subsection instead of the whole window, you use TWO fingers at a time. The multi-touch screen sees that.

The reason the question often comes up because when you tap on a scrollable area to enter text, then the keyboard covers up a lot of the area. Plus you type enough, then you scroll off what you were replying to. Very frustrating, unless you know that you can dismiss the keyboard and then use two fingers to scroll up and down again.

Not sure I'm explaining this well.
Thanks. I tried it when responding to this (which is long and required scrolling the response area) but I couldn't get two fingers to scroll any differently from one finger.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I realized now that this works when you are not in edit mode. Sometimes dismissing the keyboard was not enough and i had to tap outside the editing area before this started working.

Thank you!

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
Great! Thanks for the reply.

This whole deal, btw, is one of the reasons why every other phone maker in the world has slowly been moving to hardware keyboards... they don't cover up the screen!