Responsiveness

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bvfd2775

May 11, 2007
Aiea, HI
I've had an iPod for about a year now, and I've never encountered any issues with slow responses, and only VERY few reboots.

On the other hand, this piece of CRAP Samsung cell phone (Cingular) I've had for almost two years is SO damn slow, I'd swear it was a PC/AT. (Some of you know what I'm talking about.)

PLEASE tell me the iPhone's gonna be responsive enough that I won't be tempted to throw it like I do this current P-O-S phone...

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I've read remarks from people who have used it saying that the iPhone was "surprisingly responsive."

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I've read remarks from people who have used it saying that the iPhone was "surprisingly responsive."
I agree. Every hands on review that I have read that mentioned it only had positive things to say. I am anxious to see the breakdown of what processors are inside the iPhone (as long as they don't take apart mine to find out ;)).

Arrakis

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Remember Apple is building it and shipping it. At&t is just helping selling it and providing phone service.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I'm really curious what's going to happen if you don't have a data plan. Will the phone just not work? Will it just disable the visual voicemail?

So many questions. So few answers. :(

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
If you don't have a data plan but end up having a device that uses data, you are charged an exorbitant amount per kb, something along the lines of .01 per kb used I think. whether you have a data plan or not, if you connect to use data on a device that can use data, believe me, they charge you...an the iPhone is constantly connected from what I have read, using the visual voice mail, widgets on the home screen, push e mail, etc, etc, etc.

Kind of like text messages... Just because you don't have a text plan, doesn't mean you can not text. It does mean they charge you more than they would if you committed to a plan of x number of text messages per month.

Just my .02 worth, err 2 kb worth if you decide you without a plan!