Respring Required AFTER CHARGING?

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
:mad:

Okay.. This one has me really stumped so I am going to ask this wonderful community for a little assistance.

I have a jailbroken iPhone3G and its been working fine. Recently I added a nice little feature that allows you to see the local temperature in the top right and also on the Apple Weather Icon it shows the current temperature as well. After I installed these tweaks is when this minor problem started happening. Here is what occurs:

AFTER I plug in the phone for a recharge it will (most of the time) respring and close all my extensions. The phone still works but my five icon dock is gone as well as any other tweaks. I'll see a message telling me to press restart or exit (something like that) and then I do and it goes back to its normal state. Now I can't imagine that the weather tweak is causing this issue. I simply can't figure out why ONLY when I recharge it this crazy s**t happens! Very annoying to say the least. Anyone have any ideas? If it means removing the weather tweak, I'd do it but like I said, I can't imagine that is causing the problem. Sorry for being so long-winded and I hope someone out there has an idea for me to try. TIA!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Do you have any other themes running? I'm using WeatherIcon with no issue, but in conjunction with some lockscreen widgets, I was getting safe mode often.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The springboard is crashing to Safe Mode. I use Weather Icon also and experience occasional SB crashes, but I haven't isolated the problem to it, it's more likely due to a theme. Try disabling your themes and widgets one at a time to isolate the problem. This might take a day or two since you'll want to use the phone for a while each time you disable something to rule it out as the cause. That being said, I think occasional SB crashes are inevitable if you're doing theming, but they shouldn't happen as frequently as you're experiencing them.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
Thanks for the help guys! I disabled the weather icon and now I don't get any more safe modes. I like the idea of glancing at the iPhone and seeing the temp but for now I'll deal with pressing the icon if I REALLY need to know the temp. :)