restore 1.0.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
ok, so I've modded my phone. I didn't unlock it but I did jailbreak and installed 3rd party apps. Now, my question is. that if I wanted to or need to upgrade to 1.1.1., I can restore to stock 1.0.2 to get that fresh feeling...lol before I update to 1.1.1. Now, from what I understand people are still getting bricked even when you just have apps installed....is this true even if you restore to a clean 1.0.2 state? I've heard stories and they arn't pretty.

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
ok, so I've modded my phone. I didn't unlock it but I did jailbreak and installed 3rd party apps. Now, my question is. that if I wanted to or need to upgrade to 1.1.1., I can restore to stock 1.0.2 to get that fresh feeling...lol before I update to 1.1.1. Now, from what I understand people are still getting bricked even when you just have apps installed....is this true even if you restore to a clean 1.0.2 state? I've heard stories and they arn't pretty.
You are correct. If you decide to "downgrade" to 1.1.1 at some time, you should first do a restore to "stock" 1.0.2. Apparently, if you do not first do this, there are some "residual" files that remain on your phone if you have jailbroken and modded at all, which Apple could use to brick your phone at some point.