Restore completes, but prompts me to restore again

jejagua

Jul 28, 2008
I updated the Ambiance application over WiFi last night and ended up with a locked up phone. Initiated restore, it indicated the most recent backup was 8/20, which is six days old although I backup / sync EVERY day.

I let the restore run over night. Came back this morning to a fully functional phone, but iTunes was prompting me to restore AGAIN, indicating the most recent backup was 8/26.

It appears the restore completed, it conducted a sync/backup. But why would it prompt me to restore again? It's very time consuming.

WTF is going on here?

jejagua

Jul 28, 2008
After two failed restore attempts, performing factory restore.

Rflammond

Aug 28, 2008
That just happened to me I was in the Apple store having them helping do a hard restore. Spent about 1 1/2 hours waiting for the restore, then I was asked to restore again. I noticed that my iTunes library wasn't there. Got home and tried to sync and I was asked to restore again. iPhone worked for about 3 hours than locked up again. Going to the genius bar tomorrow.

jejagua

Jul 28, 2008
This continues....

After a factory restore with a limited number of apps, I tried to update an app over 3G and the phone locked up again today.

It appears anytime I install or update an app over WiFi / 3G it bricks the phone.

I just performed another factory reset and I'm installing / updating some apps via iTunes, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Taking the phone back to the Apple store if it fails.

Sep 1, 2007
West Central Florida
I don't have a lot of associated problems, just some app crashes and thats fixed by installing a free app or two from the app store.

I am on the phone with Apple care now, and ill try to help sort this out if i can..

I am on a 64 bit vista pc as well.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I was told by Apple customer support to always add apps through iTunes. That doesn't mean I haven't added some on the fly, but they say it's better to download them to iTunes and then sync the phone.