Restore data wipes?

Ellipsys

Oct 6, 2007
Hello all. I currently have a jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone, but 99% of my applications I download with Installer simply crash out as soon as they start. I think this is possibly because of 1.0.2 apps and stuff that were left "unresolved" when I started up. I'm considering doing a restore or something to wipe the slate clean, but I don't want to lose all my data (numbers especially).

If one does a restore, how much data is lost? If I sync with iTunes, but don't have contacts synced with windows mail or whatever, will it still save them? What do I need to do to maintain all my numbers and contact info?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hello all. I currently have a jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone, but 99% of my applications I download with Installer simply crash out as soon as they start. I think this is possibly because of 1.0.2 apps and stuff that were left "unresolved" when I started up. I'm considering doing a restore or something to wipe the slate clean, but I don't want to lose all my data (numbers especially).

If one does a restore, how much data is lost? If I sync with iTunes, but don't have contacts synced with windows mail or whatever, will it still save them? What do I need to do to maintain all my numbers and contact info?

All your data remains on the phone. Just make sure you sync the phone first, iTunes backs up and saves the info.

The only thing you will have to do after the restore is in settings you have to enter your email passwords, and wifi passwords. Those are not saved.