Restore Erase Webclip Icons?

insocal

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Probably a dumb question but would a restore erase all Webclips I've put on my home screen? Might be best to make a folder of all icons I've used and save to a folder on my Macbook in case I have to upload to one of those Webclip Creating Sites again.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yes it will. It will also place your icons back in Apple's preset.

- John

I did a restore on my 1.1.3 a few days ago and my webclips as well as positions that I had apps in were restored exactly as I had them before the restore. I had Google and EIC as my webclips and they were restored back after the restore. These two icons were places on the second page by themselves and they were right back there after the restore.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I did a restore on my 1.1.3 a few days ago and my webclips as well as positions that I had apps in were restored exactly as I had them before the restore. I had Google and EIC as my webclips and they were restored back after the restore. These two icons were places on the second page by themselves and they were right back there after the restore.

It backsup your icons and saves the pList as well as your previous bookmarks when you sync and so when you restore it puts them back:)