Restore Error 1604 (anyone?)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SauceNJ

Sep 5, 2007
My phone is in "recovery" mode - I keep trying to restore but it gives me an error message - "unable to restore, error 1604" - and ideas guys? Someone has to know about this, pleeeeese?

SauceNJ

Sep 5, 2007
come on - you guys know how to mod your phone, restore old versions of the iPhone software, - crap, some of you may have your iPhones going out and getting your groceries for you. Someone knows how to fix this error... right?

MY PHONE REFUSES TO RESTORE! HELP PLEASE!

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
My phone is in "recovery" mode - I keep trying to restore but it gives me an error message - "unable to restore, error 1604" - and ideas guys? Someone has to know about this, pleeeeese?
Mine did that also. The only thing I did was tell iTunes to restore again, and the second time it took.

I think I also read in another post that somebody recemmeded shutting down iTunes, and maybe restarting the computer, and then trying it agin.

Good luck.

SauceNJ

Sep 5, 2007
I just googled the error message and went to another forum where someone has found the answer - I followed his instructions and it worked perfectly - I had to manually trigger the newest update that was saved on my computer under applications. If anyone else has this prob just google it - its there and it worked. The upload file wasn't exactly where he said it would be on my computer but it was close - a few folders away - just needed some searching.

sibrahim

Sep 29, 2007
I just googled the error message and went to another forum where someone has found the answer - I followed his instructions and it worked perfectly - I had to manually trigger the newest update that was saved on my computer under applications. If anyone else has this prob just google it - its there and it worked. The upload file wasn't exactly where he said it would be on my computer but it was close - a few folders away - just needed some searching.
by triggering the restore manually do u mean to double click on the restore file it self from withing the iPhone Updates Folder ? if so. i already did that and iTunes just opens up giving me the message that it has detected and iPhone in recovery mode and i gotta do the same thing in iTunes basically.