restore from back up question

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
OK, when I updated to beta 3, I had been running the custom ipcc file, the update did not overwrite that file, so this morning I decided to restore from back up. All went well, the custom ipcc file is gone, but none of my songs or apps were restored. Is this normal? I have never restored from back up before, I had user data in some of my apps that I did not particularly care to lose. My messages database seemed intact, I'm really hoping the user data is sitting in the "other" space and once I sync my apps back it will be there.

I should point out, I backed up the iPhone prior to the restore.

cdelauz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
yes when you back up from a restore you loose all your songs and video, everything else should be in tact.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
All you have to do now is sync your phone with iTunes and it'll put everything you had on before. It will be a long sync since it's adding all that data again. Oh and your apps will now be in alphabetical order so you'll have to reorganize them the way they were before the restore.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Cool, thanks, that's exactly what happened, but my user data and settings were correct after the re-sync. I've restored several times, between jailbreaking, updating to new firmware and the new betas but have always set up as a new phone, I thought restoring from back up would put my phone exactly like it was before the restore.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Cool, thanks, that's exactly what happened, but my user data and settings were correct after the re-sync. I've restored several times, between jailbreaking, updating to new firmware and the new betas but have always set up as a new phone, I thought restoring from back up would put my phone exactly like it was before the restore.
I wish the backup would include how your apps were, that would be a nice feature. When you have multiple pages it can be a pain to get them back to where you had them.