Restore from SHSH?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Hey there,

I'm currently downloading iOS 5 for iPad from iClarified. I'm not going to perform a tethered jailbreak as I do not currently need a jailbroken iPad anyhow. I was just wondering if it would be possible to create a SHSH blob using RedSn0w 0.9.9b5, for instance, and then restore back to it (4.3.3) if I end up disliking iOS 5?

Thank you.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=17062

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thread moved to the iPhone Jailbreak section.

FYI - the firmware you're downloading from iClarified is actually a direct link to Apple's servers ;)

If you have the iPad's SHSH blob saved for 4.3.3 then you can downgrade. If you haven't got the blob you cannot downgrade, ever.

Edit: The title 'Restore from SSH?' - do you mean SHSH? As SSH is totally different.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Great!

Thank you, John. How's your experience with iOS 5 on iPad so far, if you're using it? And does it have multi-tasking gestures enabled by default without having to edit system files and such?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Great!

Thank you, John. How's your experience with iOS 5 on iPad so far, if you're using it? And does it have multi-tasking gestures enabled by default without having to edit system files and such?
I have an iPad 1 so now mutlitasking gestures for me :( The OS itself is great, it's like having a new device, Apple have done a good job at optimizing their software.

Please re-read my reply #2 I edited.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I meant SHSH, sorry about that. Wow, no gestures for iPad 1? That's stupid. I had to go through the whole iFile process in order to enable it on 4.x but it was well worth it. Xcode doesn't enable it either, does it?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Victory is mine!

Now if you can link me to an article on how to restore to an earlier firmware using saved SHSH blobs, that would be fantastic.

EDIT: By the way, I have around four - five folders of bookmarks. I already backed up using iTunes and made a copy of the backup folder just in case. That means all the bookmarks are backed up, right?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I meant SHSH, sorry about that. Wow, no gestures for iPad 1? That's stupid. I had to go through the whole iFile process in order to enable it on 4.x but it was well worth it. Xcode doesn't enable it either, does it?
Thread title edited :)

Victory is mine!

Now if you can link me to an article on how to restore to an earlier firmware using saved SHSH blobs, that would be fantastic.

EDIT: By the way, I have around four - five folders of bookmarks. I already backed up using iTunes and made a copy of the backup folder just in case. That means all the bookmarks are backed up, right?
It's a really simple process. You can do it straight through Tiny Umbrella and iTunes. You will need to download the iPad 2 firmware (make sure it's the right firmware i.e GSM wifi only OR wifi & 3G) and Tiny Umbrella (Tiny Umbrella can be downloaded here).

When you have both of the above, launch TU and hit advanced. Make sure hosts is set to Cydia! I believe this is default :)

Then run TSS on TU and shift-restore in iTunes to iOS 4.3.3. Anticipate an error and use TU's kick out of Recovery feature.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Also, I'm not sure if Xcode enables gestures, I've not looked into it yet. As soon as I know I'll ping you on Twitter or here.