Restore iPhone after format

saabaru99

Jul 14, 2009
Hey guys, just recently formatted my computer to put a fresh copy of windows 7 on there. Of course, if I try to sync my iPhone,it will have to delete everything on it and pretty much give it a fresh new copy. The thing is I was wondering if I could somehow backup my data? Before i performed a format, i went ahead and backed up the whole "iTunes" folder. Do i just copy and paste it back to the folder where it belongs or is there some specific way to restore it. Also, what exactly would be restored? Would i lose all my cydia apps and etc? Is there any way around the whole getting your iPhone formatted? Thanks in advance folks

Cheers

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I believe you just reinstall iTunes on your PC and then drag the iTunes folder that you backed up back to your PC from your backup device. When you open iTunes and have your phone connected it may do it automatically but I believe you need to authorize this PC. So click on "Store" on the iTunes menu bar at the top and then click on "Authorize Computer" You should be good to go. As far as your Cydia apps I don't think those are stored in the iTunes folder. But you shouldn't have to restore your phone.

saabaru99

Jul 14, 2009
thanks bro, i'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes

saabaru99

Jul 14, 2009
Hey thanks for the advice. It worked like a charm! I successfuly kept all my apps and everything.

Cheers