Restore iPhone then downgrade to 4.33?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DReborn

Aug 8, 2007
my iPhone was bricked when I tried to update to 4.3.5. Now it says I need to restore my iPhone which downloads the latest version (4.3.5). The problem is I just want to go back to my 4.33 backup i have on my computer.

Question: can i do the restore which upgrades me to 4.3.5 (and deletes all my data) then choose "restore from backup" and choose my 4.33 backup file? Really don't want to lose everything when I have a backup.

thanks!

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
So you were on 4.3.3 and had your iPhone backed up. You went to upgrade to 4.3.5 and something went wrong and now you have to restore to 4.3.5? Is that about right? Non-jailbroken?

DReborn

Aug 8, 2007
that's about right...i don't really care about upgrading to 4.3.5 as long as i can use my 4.3.3 backup to restore all my data/etc

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
that's about right...i don't really care about upgrading to 4.3.5 as long as i can use my 4.3.3 backup to restore all my data/etc
Once you restore to 4.3.5 you will be asked if you want to Restore as a new phone or restore from a backup. If your iPhone was backed up you can restore from that backup. It makes no difference whether you backed it up using 4.3.3 or any other version. Your date doesn't care what iOS version you are running.

DReborn

Aug 8, 2007
restored from my backup and it looks OK so far...syncing apps right now (taking forever!). all i know is that my background photo is back so maybe everything else is...... =)