Restore successful but still in recovery mode

adjuzt

Aug 16, 2011
Hi,

I have an iPhone 3GS, which was on 3.1.3. I tried to update it to 4.3.3 but got several different errors, 1600, 37, 1618, to name a few and my iPhone was stuck in DFU mode. I finally got round all these errors by using TinyUmbrella and unchecking the set hosts to cydia button and restoring it to 4.0.1. But when it is finishing restoring it says it is successful and will reboot the iPhone, however it does not reboot and iTunes says my iPhone is still in recovery mode, and my iPhone is just a black screen, presumably still in DFU mode. I don't want to upgrade to the newest version as I need an unlock as I'm traveling the USA next week (i'm from UK). What can I do? I don't know if my phone is working or not and just needs to get out of DFU mode? I can't seem to get out of the black screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

adjuzt

Aug 16, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, when I go onto TinyUmbrella both "enter recovery" and "exit recovery" are greyed out.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
There is a separate utility available from the TU website for Windows and OSX called fix recovery, you might try downloading that, it's helped me out of a sticky situation before with my iPhone 4. Not being familiar with the 3GS and unlocking I'm afraid I can't be of much more help.

adjuzt

Aug 16, 2011
I've tried it and it all runs, like the greenpoison code runs on my iPhone but after it's done it still stays black screen and won't turn on. Thanks for your help though

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Have a look at my thread that I posted when I encountered this problem on my 3gs. It will depend on whether you're running windows or Mac though. I am running a windows 7 pc.
if that doesn't work for you, then try searching google for how to fix error 1600.

Last edited by a moderator:

adjuzt

Aug 16, 2011
Turns out I didn't have the correct SHSH for 4.3.3, it's sorted now, due to getting the correct SHSH. Thanks everyone for your help! :)