Restore without update to 2.0? How?

TyWebb

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Paradise, FL, USA
Hello all,

I sold my V1 phone on ebay and I am trying to restore it before I unlock and jailbreak again. When I try to restore through iTunes it is FORCING me to update to 2.0 in the same process as the restore. Obviously this is no good to me because I have to sell it 1.1.4 unlocked.

How can I restore and keeep 1.1.4?

Thanks!

ozzystrong

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
Hello all,

I sold my phone on ebay and I am trying to restore it before I unlock and jailbreak again. When I try to restore through iTunes it is FORCING me to update to 2.0 in the same process as the restore. Obviously this is no good to me because I have to sell it 1.1.4 unlocked.

How can I restore and keeep 1.1.4?

Thanks!
google search something like "iPhone 1.1.4 firmware" there are LOADS then download it and once you have it hold the (control for windows) or (command for mac) in iTunes and then click restore and iTunes will let you choose the firmware you just downloaded.

TyWebb

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Paradise, FL, USA
Nevermind Sorry, Just figured it out. Hold shift key while clicking restore and choose the 1.1.4 file.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Nevermind Sorry, Just figured it out. Hold shift key while clicking restore and choose the 1.1.4 file.
Its not that easy. If you are already 2.0 you're going to have to change the base band as well. If you need help on how to do that, just search the forum. Another member has already done this.