Restore without Updating? Help!

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
I'm sure it can be done, right?
i have an iPhone 3g on firmware 2.2, i am having some issues with cydia and i want to restore, and re-jailbreak. but i don't want to go to the new 2.2.1. but everytime i click restore in iTunes it says "restore and update". the description even says that this will put the latest frimware version on. how do i not update? Help Please, thanks.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
if you're on windows, hold shift while clicking on restore, and if you're on OSX, hold option wile clicking restore. This will bring up a windows that will allow you to choose which software image to restore from. Your 2.2 is probably stored here:

windows: Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

OSX: Users/username/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
thanks. i ended up finding another post that said that, but i the issue was that i njust moved to a new computer so i didn't have any 2.2 update files on here. so i figured out i could download one. got er all fixed up tho, and rejailbroke already. unfortunately apt backup didn't work fully, it got most of my stuff but not all. oh well all good. thanks

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
why don't you want to update to 2.2.1?