Restored after jailbreaking - important question(s)

akesavar

Jun 17, 2009
Hey guys, I'm about to upgrade to 3.0. I was running 2.2.1 jailbroken up until last night (using the Delnoch mod 1 theme).

Last night, stupidly, instead of going into categories and removing all the apps I had in the "apps" and "games" categories, I simply synced and restored my phone. Now, obviously, I have very limited apps on my home screen now, but I'm curious - if I upgrade directly to 3.0, will this "override" the remnants of the jailbreak, as it were?

Another option is to set the phone up as a new phone (when prompted), but I've heard that this removes all of my SMS logs - is this true? Because I DEFINITELY don't want to do that.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
If you click set up as new phone, it will be back to how it was the day you bought it. You can just update to the 3.0 software and it will get rid of the jailbreak. If you didn't take everything out of catagories, then you are going to have to restore, and set up as a new phone. Then you can load a back up. But pretty sure your SMS is gone after that

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
i did the same thing today and had to restore as new. No big problem cause all my contacts were on outlooks

akesavar

Jun 17, 2009
BigCiX: Were all your sms logs intact?

radack1155

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Austin, TX
HERES A FIX!: I did the same thing. After a lot of searching, I found if you turn on parental settings, go to home screen, go back and turn off parental settings, and then go back to home screen your apps will appear. You may need to restart after this process too. This has worked for me multiple times.

akesavar

Jun 17, 2009
Thanks man! That worked :)
Updating to 3.0 right now