Restored other persons settings by plugging to their computer

Discussion in 'iPhone 3G' started by Craigmac, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Craigmac

Craigmac New Member

Today I plugged my iPhone into my friends computer to charge it and all of a sudden I have all of his contacts,pictures,email settings, and all of mine are gone. I would like to get my phone back with all of my information and not his. I never backed these things up on iCloud. Is there any way to re restore my phone to the way it was? Please help

Sent using iCafe app

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Resync it on your computer. IF you mean you have never synced it before, your in for a long haul....

Sent using iCafe app

3. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I'm betting he had iTunes on his computer set to NOT prevent automatic syncing of devices. Do you have a recent iTunes backup of your device on your computer? If not, his iTunes should have backed up your existing data prior to syncing his data to your phone. You might try going to iTunes on his computer, go to preferences>devices> and check the box that says "prevent (devices) from syncing automatically." Then plug your phone in, right click on it in the device pane, and select "restore from backup." Then look to see if there is a backup file for your phone and apply it. I hope this helps and you are able to get your stuff back!

4. Craigmac

Craigmac New Member

I tried what you said Kadelic but when I go to iTunes and click on my iPhone there is not a restore from backup option, only a delete backup option underneath the window where the devices are listed. Does this mean there is no backup or is the backup hiding somewhere? Thank you for your first response. Now I at least think it might be in my friends computer somewhere and I might be able to get it back. Let me know what you think. Thanks again

Sent using iCafe app

5. Craigmac

Craigmac New Member

Anyone? Any input in this?

Sent using iCafe app

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Please don't bump threads. Thanks.

7. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Apologies for not getting back to you. Here's a link that shows you where to look for iPhone backups on Mac and Windows: http://osxdaily.com/2009/09/11/iphone-backup-location/