Restoring a jailbroken 1.0.2 QUESTION

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I'm on AT&T with a jailbroken 1.0.2. What exactly do I need to do to upgrade the phone to 1.1.4 without bricking it? Thanks!

kariya9mdoa

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
ZiPhone thats it download 114 software from Apple or www.modmyi.com and upgrade the firmware then get ziPhone and press "do it all" thats it you will have a activated jailbroken and unlocked 114 iPhone.

HappyModding

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Don't I need to restore on iTunes first?

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Yes, I think you should ignore him. He's a warez-distributor.

Sync in iTunes (without updating/restoring) to make most recent back up.
Restore in iTunes to 1.1.4 (back-up photos in your camera roll, as they might be lost in restore)
Download iJailbreak if you're on a mac, ZiPhone if you're on a PC.
With iPhone plugged in, run iJailbreak/ZiPhone and choose to Jailbreak it, not unlock it.

Waa-laa... You're done. I jailbroke 3 iPhones this weekend on my mac, and ran into no problems. Very simple. I updated from 1.0.2 as well. I lost my camera roll (but I had backed it up), and my preferences for 3rd party apps (i.e. High Scores for my games) were still on there.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007

Restore in iTunes to 1.1.4 (back-up photos in your camera roll, as they might be lost in restore)
With iPhone plugged in, run iJailbreak/ZiPhone and choose to Jailbreak it, not unlock it.

Waa-laa... You're done. I jailbroke 3 iPhones this weekend on my mac, and ran into no problems. Very simple. I updated from 1.0.2 as well. I lost my camera roll (but I had backed it up), and my preferences for 3rd party apps (i.e. High Scores for my games) were still on there.
Just want to point out that i use ZiPhone and i'm on a mac and have had no problems at all and would highly suggest using that...

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Just want to point out that i use ZiPhone and i'm on a mac and have had no problems at all and would highly suggest using that...
iJailbreak is even faster than ZiPhone, and it does the same thing, with superb performance.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007

Thanks a lot it worked!

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
iJailbreak is even faster than ZiPhone, and it does the same thing, with superb performance.
Faster? You've clocked the two programs running their code? Haha, i find speed hardly a factor when ziPhone takes 30 seconds...

but to each their own...

Every jailbreak i've done has done the same thing, so performance wise its all the same..

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
does nobody remember the Ok To Prep, then the 15-minute jailbreak.jar?

or even better, the *#307# method with 1.1.1?

I am so relieved that we now have ZiPhone..