restoring a messed up iPhone?

mikeKICKz

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
SAN DIEGO
my friend dropped his iPhone in the water and i told him to leave it alone for awhile. he did and now it works but only when it is plugged in via firewire. which means i cant see it in iTunes and i tried to power/home key to restore but it does not work. it's modded and not trace of any water marks. he has an appointment with a "genius" but i'm trying to get these damn apps out. i messed up by hiding installer through customize and i uninstalled everything on installer app. now everything is gone but he still has the theme of the summerboard program. i have no way of getting into installer now. can anyone help. thanks.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
my friend dropped his iPhone in the water and i told him to leave it alone for awhile. he did and now it works but only when it is plugged in via firewire. which means i cant see it in iTunes and i tried to power/home key to restore but it does not work. it's modded and not trace of any water marks. he has an appointment with a "genius" but i'm trying to get these damn apps out. i messed up by hiding installer through customize and i uninstalled everything on installer app. now everything is gone but he still has the theme of the summerboard program. i have no way of getting into installer now. can anyone help. thanks.

wait.

so it doesn't connect through USB?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch

I would at least try and vacumn the water out through its orifices.

And what do you mean firewire? Or do you mean USB?

Before going to Apple you will need to do a restore, or the warranty is void. You can not take a jailbroken phone in.

Also looke down the hole where the headphones plug in, with a light and make sure it is not red, they will look down there to check. If it is put a tiny tiny drop (after vacumn) of bleach, which will take the red out.

Good luck.

It will cost $250 to repair.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I would at least try and vacumn the water out through its orifices.

And what do you mean firewire? Or do you mean USB?

Before going to Apple you will need to do a restore, or the warranty is void. You can not take a jailbroken phone in.

Also looke down the hole where the headphones plug in, with a light and make sure it is not red, they will look down there to check. If it is put a tiny tiny drop (after vacumn) of bleach, which will take the red out.

Good luck.

hey KNK,

if the iPhone doesn't boot unless it is connected to the PC/mac,

how will they figure out if its jaibroken?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Because the OP said this:

but i'm trying to get these damn apps out. i messed up by hiding installer through customize and i uninstalled everything on installer app. now everything is gone but he still has the theme of the summerboard program.

Which tells me he is seeing this on the iPhone.

hey KNK,

if the iPhone doesn't boot unless it is connected to the PC/mac,

how will they figure out if its jaibroken?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Because the OP said this:

but i'm trying to get these damn apps out. i messed up by hiding installer through customize and i uninstalled everything on installer app. now everything is gone but he still has the theme of the summerboard program.

Which tells me he is seeing this on the iPhone.
oh.

i don't understand.

i didn't think that firewire was supported on the iPhone?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
oh.

i don't understand.

i didn't think that firewire was supported on the iPhone?

I think what he was calling a firewire was a USB. There is no way a fire can connect to it. Anyway the OP has not answered us , so I guess we have to wait, and I am going out for some you know what....:p