Restoring after Jailbreak

chadday21

Mar 18, 2008
I recently jailbroke using ziPhone and I need to take my phone back to the Apple store due to problems with the screen. How do I completely restore it back so Apple doesn't know it is jailbroken?

I noticed there is a refurbish button on ziPhone but the FAQ on this site says that refurbish doesn't equal restore. I am scared to just connect the phone to iTunes and restoring from there.

Thanks

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
u need to do a manual reset.
Hold both buttons down until the phone powers off release the power button and plug the phone into the computer while still holding the home button. Continue holding the home button until you see the connect to iTunes symbol appear on the phones screen. Then release the home button and when iTunes recognizes the iPhone restore it. You can even make a new partnership and just rename the phone just to be sure.

chadday21

Mar 18, 2008
Another question. What do I do when an update comes out? I have already changed my settings in iTunes where it doesn't automatically check for updates. Do you have to restore -->get firmware update from itunes-->wait for ziPhone to comeout with a new version and then jailbreak?