Restoring and Jailbreaking...

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
What is the easiest and best way to back-up the photos on my Camera Roll, so that when I restore to 1.1.3, then simply jailbreak it (thanks to ziPhone), I can transfer my photos so they all appear in the Camera Roll as they did before? If possible?

What other things should I be concerned about when restoring then jailbreaking my phone? I will save a few preference files (like FiveDice, Garf, etc) to save high scores, maybe some NES saved states... anything else I should consider before I wipe it clean?

Thanks guys. This place beats modmyifone any day! Quick replies with great, kind help.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
area code was up vato...i wanna mod (jailBreak) but im having a real hard time doing it ... i did it before butit was super easy because i just went to jailbreakme.com but now i cant do it at all..PM me bro maybe you can give me a hand... i wont be on all day tomorrow (feb 12) but ill check my inbox Feb13.. thanks bro..

by the way i have a mac ..

thanks

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
area code was up vato...i wanna mod (jailBreak) but im having a real hard time doing it ... i did it before butit was super easy because i just went to jailbreakme.com but now i cant do it at all..PM me bro maybe you can give me a hand... i wont be on all day tomorrow (feb 12) but ill check my inbox Feb13.. thanks bro..

by the way i have a mac ..

thanks
I sent you a PM.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Your phone automatically backs up your camera roll photos when you sync it with iTunes
Not necessarily. On a Windows box you'd have to tell it download the pics, or manually copy them via Explorer.

That said I didn't bother backing up my camera roll photos because the only thing in it was a few sample shots. But after going through at least 4 restores (while testing the new jailbreak) not a single photo was lost. Figures. Had those been important photos they'd have been lost.

--
Mike

imaster

Feb 12, 2008
with a mac you can upload all your photos to iphoto, then once you have restored them all you can upload them again once you have jailbroken the phone, in the pictures tab.

paulomb

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Monterrey, MX
if I have a Jailbroken and unlocked 1.0.2, not sure what method was used to unlock (does it matters at this stage still?)

Can I just Restore the whole thing to 1.1.3 and then run ZiPhone method to jailbrake and unlock?

thanks!