Restoring Apps After a Restore Phone As New

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bkushner

Bronze
Jan 22, 2008
I'm having an issue with my phone and Apple wants me to restore the phone as NEW to troubleshoot. Once I do this how do I get my app order back on my phone? I have most of my apps grouped.

Thanks

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
If you have iTunes they will sync (and keep your folders in tact.)

If you don't you can download all of them from iTunes via the App Store on the phone under the purchased tab under Updates.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Very simple now that you can restore from iCloud backup.
Just lake sure you have enables iCloud backup prior to restoring, or u will have to sync with computer.

Also, there are options in iCloud to save specific info for apps.
Very usefull if you have games that save data, such as user, scores and game progress.

For the most part, I do not think it will save location of apps in folders. U have to manually do that after restore....Not too sure on that, been so long since Ive done a non JB restore:D

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Very simple now that you can restore from iCloud backup.
Just lake sure you have enables iCloud backup prior to restoring, or u will have to sync with computer.

Also, there are options in iCloud to save specific info for apps.
Very usefull if you have games that save data, such as user, scores and game progress.

For the most part, I do not think it will save location of apps in folders. U have to manually do that after restore....Not too sure on that, been so long since Ive done a non JB restore:D
Actually, restoring as a new device means you have to skip the iCloud restore option.

I'm afraid there's no way to save and restore the order of apps or their folders without restoring from a backup. You'll have to manually put them back into folders.

I have thought about that many times, it would be pretty awesome to save a certain home screen layout.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Go into your App Store app. At the bottom go to updates & at the top there should be a purchased tab that goes across the top of the screen. Click on it & it should show all the apps you have downloaded in the past. At some point you will have to sign in with your Apple ID if you hadn't already. Go down the list & click the ones you want to re-download. It's time consuming & a pain. You will also have to reorganize your folders.