Restoring from iTunes cloud

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
I think I messed up. I backed my iPhone 5 up to the cloud before activatin the iPhone 6. I assumed the back up was complete and turned the phone off. Now half my pics and stuff are stuck downloading. Should I restore to factory settings and try again?

Last edited:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Does your old iPhone have all of your data? If you're concerned about not having a complete iCloud backup, I would delete the content on your new iPhone and backup your old iPhone to iCloud. Once that's completed, do a restore on your new iPhone 6 using the completed iCloud backup from your old phone.

To speed things up, you could also backup on your Mac/PC and restore via a tethered connection.

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
Does your old iPhone have all of your data? If you're concerned about not having a complete iCloud backup, I would delete the content on your new iPhone and backup your old iPhone to iCloud. Once that's completed, do a restore on your new iPhone 6 using the completed iCloud backup from your old phone.

To speed things up, you could also backup on your Mac/PC and restore via a tethered connection.
Thanks guys! I decided to do it the old fashioned way to save time. I tried doing something differently by restoring via iCloud but I think it's best just to use the computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Thanks guys! I decided to do it the old fashioned way to save time. I tried doing something differently by restoring via iCloud but I think it's best just to use the computer b
Nothing like old school connections. Good luck and hope it turns out ok for you.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I tried to restore my iPhone 5 backup up from iTunes and I got a message when it was almost finished that it was corrupt and incompatible with the new phone.

Oh well, was going to set up as new this coming week but I guess I'm doing it tonight.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I tried to restore my iPhone 5 backup up from iTunes and I got a message when it was almost finished that it was corrupt and incompatible with the new phone.

Oh well, was going to set up as new this coming week but I guess I'm doing it tonight.
It's not that bad. The important stuff like contacts sync anyway. You can go to your purchased history in iTunes & the App Store & download all the apps you want to keep.

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
Nothing like old school connections. Good luck and hope it turns out ok for you.
Thanks! I decided to let the iCloud restore run its course while I updated my iTunes on my old computer. If it's not finished by the time I head off to work, will the restore pause itself until I can get back to wifi?