Restoring iPhone 4s 5.01 and baseband

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by rollinfromhell, Sep 14, 2012.

1. rollinfromhell

Gold

How do I restore a jailbroken i4s, with 5.01 firmware and preserve the baseband? I want to be able to get a good value out of this while being able to get this unlocked and jailbroken fine without any issues. Any help is truly appreciated, I've looked online, I can't find anything.

2. rollinfromhell

Gold

Anyone? Any help is appreciated....

3. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Jailbreak tools like redsn0w will give you the option to create a custom firmware to upgrade to 5.1.1 and still preserve the baseband..;)

4. rollinfromhell

Gold

Oh I know. The problem is, anyone that keeps messaging me doesn't want it jailbroken for some reason. So is there a way to upgrade, and still preserve the baseband without being jailbroken? Also does preserving it leave it working for an unlock on 5.1.1 for the 4S?

5. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

By going the custom firmware route you will in effect just be updating the firmware while preserving the baseband.....(I think redsn0w will just upgrade and won't jailbreak unlike sn0wbreeze which does both automatically) .....just don't jailbreak....

6. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Worse case scenario just uninstall Cydia...removing any visual evidence of a "jailbreak"

7. rollinfromhell

Gold

Ah thanks man. So another question, I tried backing up my SHSH blobs to TinyUmbrella, but it's only showing for 5.1.1 and i'm on 5.0.1. What can I do to save these?

8. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

No need for SHSH blobs...as you will be updating to 5.1.1 which is still signed by Apple....

FYI- You can only save SHSH blobs for current "singed" firmware....

9. rollinfromhell

Gold

I see no option here in RedSn0w to preserve baseband and upgrade my firmware to 5.1.1. It says it's only available for the iPhone 4, 3gs, and 3g.

10. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Oooops.....can you go the Tinyumrella route to preserve baseband....?

11. rollinfromhell

Gold

It's not showing any basebands. It just show's blobs, I ended up finding a few and it pulled them from Cydia. Again though, not sure how to even do this. That's why i'm asking for help lol.

12. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Oooops again:oops:.....
    not sure what I was thinking about using TinyUmbrella...?
    with regards to baseband preservation, I think you are out of luck... it seems that A5 devices are not supported....
    No matter what, you will still need to restore your iPhone before selling to remove all your personal data...

13. rollinfromhell

Gold

Ah so should I just update to 5.1.1? Or restore to 5.0.1?

14. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Only possible to restore to 5.0.1 if you have the saved blobs.....I would restore to 5.1.1 and sell ASAP....Good luck

15. rollinfromhell

Gold

Yeah someones gonna pick it up. He didn't' care what version and sounded VERY foreign. And he wants to meet, so if he calls he wont get through cause I will have no phone LOL. Next problem is finding a pre order or getting the iPhone 5 on the 21st..

16. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

Just pay a user name mobilehotshots on eBay the $10 and he will factory unlock for you that's what I did to my 4s and sold it on craiglist 2 days ago.