Restoring iPhone? Help requested.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ambo

Sep 12, 2007
Hey guys, after using the "iBrickr" software I noticed my phone will NOT sync with iTunes or any other software for that fact. What's the best way to restore my phone?

I've tried putting it in restore mode then connecting it to iTunes and iTunes says "this phone must be restored before using" and then doesn't recognize it.

I've tried loading jailbreak and when it says "looking for iPhone" i put the phone into recovery and then it crashes jailbreak.

Do I have to make a trip to the genius bar? :(

ambo

Sep 12, 2007
Hey guys, after using the "iBrickr" software I noticed my phone will NOT sync with iTunes or any other software for that fact. What's the best way to restore my phone?

I've tried putting it in restore mode then connecting it to iTunes and iTunes says "this phone must be restored before using" and then doesn't recognize it.

I've tried loading jailbreak and when it says "looking for iPhone" i put the phone into recovery and then it crashes jailbreak.

Do I have to make a trip to the genius bar? :(
Crazyness! I plugged my iPhone into a different computer and it detected the phone without a hitch! What's the deal!?

I formatted my PC last night thinking it was a software issue but the same thing happened. I even tried a different USB port...this is crazy talk...Anyone got any ideas? I think it's something to do with the AppleMobileDevice.dll or some crap?

The iTunes on the PC i'm working on now is 7.3.0 so I'm going to rollback to that version at my home PC and see if this fixes it. I really think it's the mobile device driver.