restoring jailbroken iPod touch. help please?

Grumbot

Dec 9, 2008
i have a 32 gig touch and i jailbroke it and it started to get really laggy and freeze up a lot so i wanted to update and restore it with the original software. my ipod is now in recovery mode and when i try to restore it my iTunes freezes up. is there any way to fix this or am i fucked?

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Try restarting your computer with the phone connected and see if it will go ahead with the restore. Are you restoring from a back up or a new device? I would suggest setting up a new device.

Grumbot

Dec 9, 2008
set up a new device? what do you mean. like buying a new ipod? sorry im not that knowledgeable.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
When you click on restore it should give you an option to set up as a new device.

Grumbot

Dec 9, 2008
nope. is that option supposed to come up when i shift click or right click or what

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I thought it would come up when you click restore in iTunes. You are on the summary page correct?

Grumbot

Dec 9, 2008
yeah im at the summary page
it says extracting software, and then will say preparing ipod for restore, and gets stuck on that every time.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
How long does it set? I would suggest using a different pc and do the restore and set it up as a new device.

ThunderBull4

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
Well first try getting it out of recovery mode by holding the sleep and home buttons. Then I think if you just simply click restore, you have the option to restore it back to an original new device. If you shift+click it then you have the option to choose the firmware to restore it back to.