Restoring my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Swek, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Swek

Swek New Member

Hi, i need a way to restore my iPhone without a computer... Using installer or something.
    My computer won't detect my iPhone so i cant restore it that way. I am having lots of problems with it. Since i jailbroke my iPhone, i need to restore it so i can get it exchanged. i have a 16 gb iPhone with 1.1.4

thanks

2. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

You need to put the phone in recovery mode. You do that by holding the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears (about 20 seconds). Release the Sleep/Wake button, and continue holding the Home button until the connect to iTunes graphic is displayed. You may have to do it several times, but eventually it will take.

Good luck

3. Swek

Swek New Member

yeah but i have tried that a million times and my computer still does not detect it

4. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Does it also not take a charge via AC? Your dock connector is shot, and there is no way to restore at this point.

Wow this is the third time I've given this advice today. Must be an epidemic:

Let your phone drain to the point that it won't power on anymore then take it back to Apple. If it won't take a charge or light up when docked, they won't be able to tell what you've done with it, and you may get a replacement.

But there is no way to restore without a computer.

5. Swek

Swek New Member

Ok thanks a lot... (but just so you know its actually the second time... I also posted something on the "ziPhone question" thread, so it was me you told to do this:p)

6. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Hehe funny.... well, then you definitely better DO IT! heh... good luck.

7. Marymeadows

Marymeadows New Member

My phone got wet....any way to get the data off of it?

8. Marymeadows

Marymeadows New Member

I dropped my phone in toilet and it has completely died. Is there any way to at least get contacts and/or photos?

9. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

Weren't you syncing it with iTunes?

10. Marymeadows

Marymeadows New Member

Negative ghostwriter.

11. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

Well then, if your saying the phone is completely fried, and you never did a sync....then your out of luck! Unless someone else here has any ideas.
    Good luck!

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Quickly remove it from the water, power it down, remove your sim card (and put it in a disposable phone), and put the phone in a bag of rice for several days (preferrably one week). DO NOT attempt to power it on sooner. This almost always works.

If you didn't use rice or have it backed up in iTunes, it's all over but the crying. Sorry. :(

13. Marymeadows

Marymeadows New Member

Ahhh thanks! The SIM card was salvaged and luckily most pictures were on back-up, but I had acquired many numbers from the past 5 years that I was hoping to safe.....at least for nostalgic purposes!

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

For future reference, you can sync and back them up in iTunes here:

[​IMG]

15. Marymeadows

Marymeadows New Member

Thanks! I will most definitely use this my next go 'round(right now). I feel like such an idiot for not doing it before, but alas I guess you learn from your mistakes.

16. Misterx

Misterx New Member

Hi, if I restore my iPhone will I lose all my music or will it be added back on after the restore?

17. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

If all the music on your device is also in the iTunes library with which you sync to, then yes, you will be able to put that music back. If the music exists only on your device you need to copy it to your computer and into iTunes before you restore.

18. aurther11

aurther11 New Member

At first you should make a backup file of your music.Then you can added your music in iPhone after restore.