Retina Display ghosting!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Leo, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

Well, bought this MacBook Pro Retina a couple weeks back, but it seems to be defective! It ghosts quite easily, actually (and fast!). If I put up a blank blue wallpaper, and minimize this window, I can actually still make out the "everythingiCafe" logo at the top! It seems to stick temporarily, which is good, but I'm definitely bringing this to the Apple Store to have them take a look at it. My old 2011 MacBook Pro did not have this issue. Anyone else seeing similar issues?

2. Canuck1970

Canuck1970 New Member

Hi Leo,

You are not alone.

A bunch of us are experiencing this problem and we're trying to convince Apple to recall all Macbook Pros that use LG panels in their retina displays. We've become convinced that the majority of them are defective. If your experience is anything like a lot of us, the "ghosting" (it's actually "image persistence" or "image retention" aka "IR"), will actually get worse over time.

So, join and "Like" us on our Facebook page and check out the Apple communities forum thread for this issue.

Good luck!

P.S.
    Apparently I can't post web links here until I've posted 15 times, so just do a web search for "Apple - Please Recall Retina Macbook Pros with LG Displays" (the Facebook page) and "MacBook Pro Retina display burn-in?" (the forum).​

3. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

Yes I have already found that. Good news, Apple replaced my entire MacBook with a new one. Good thing everything I needed to back-up was already on Dropbox. They didn't even think twice when the Genius at the Genius Bar saw it, he said "Yes, there is definitely something wrong here.", and replaced it on the spot (or told me I could get it repaired, but could take a few days).