Retrieving Email from Trash?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ihead

Jul 2, 2007
Hello!

On my replacement iPhone, when the email is in the trash bin and I try to retrieve it back to the Inbox (animation of the mail going into the inbox), the email doesn't transfer to the inbox and it's gone on the Trash Bin also. My first iPhone I had no problems retrieving mail from the trash back to the inbox. Anyone know whats wrong? I'm using Pop3, and it's set to "Never" Delete from server in the email settings. My latest software version is 1.1.1.

Anyone know why I can't retrieve emails from my trash bin back to the Inbox and once I try to retrieve it dissappears from the trash bin. TIA!

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Hello!

On my replacement iPhone, when the email is in the trash bin and I try to retrieve it back to the Inbox (animation of the mail going into the inbox), the email doesn't transfer to the inbox and it's gone on the Trash Bin also. My first iPhone I had no problems retrieving mail from the trash back to the inbox. Anyone know whats wrong? I'm using Pop3, and it's set to "Never" Delete from server in the email settings. My latest software version is 1.1.1.

Anyone know why I can't retrieve emails from my trash bin back to the Inbox and once I try to retrieve it dissappears from the trash bin. TIA!
It may be set to "never delete from server" but if you deleted in your outlook/gmail/yahoo/orwhateveryouuseforemail, you want be able to retrieve it. Does that make sense?

ihead

Jul 2, 2007
It may be set to "never delete from server" but if you deleted in your outlook/gmail/yahoo/orwhateveryouuseforemail, you want be able to retrieve it. Does that make sense?
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't clear in my original post. When I delete the email in my iPhone to the iPhone Trash Bin (not from the email server) and when I try to retrieve the email from my iPhone trash bin back to the inbox, it would show the mail animation going back to the inbox but it doesn't show in my iPhone inbox.

I actually talked to an iPhone tech and they advised it could be the problem with firmware 1.1.1 and are looking into it. The tech also tried to retrieve an email from his iPhone's trash bin and the same problem occurred and he's also using firmware 1.1.1.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. Well, that's almost good news. Problem doesn't seem to come from your phone but from the firmware. They should fix this with the next update.

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
I have a new phone now and I have no trash icon. My old iPhone had it. Anyone else have this problem ?

YAF

Jan 17, 2008
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't clear in my original post. When I delete the email in my iPhone to the iPhone Trash Bin (not from the email server) and when I try to retrieve the email from my iPhone trash bin back to the inbox, it would show the mail animation going back to the inbox but it doesn't show in my iPhone inbox.

I actually talked to an iPhone tech and they advised it could be the problem with firmware 1.1.1 and are looking into it. The tech also tried to retrieve an email from his iPhone's trash bin and the same problem occurred and he's also using firmware 1.1.1.
Any news on this subject?

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
Well I restarted my phone and now there is an icon... go figure :) Oh, yes I deleted mail and thats why I was asking about the trash. After the restart trash appeared and so did the email in it.