Return to the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
It's been a while since I've posted here but I thought I'd get back in the mix with my experience.

I've been a die hard Apple guy forever. I was 3rd in line on i-day waited 13hours and I was so pumped. I had a blackberry before the iPhone and we all know how great the BB email works.

So as I began to use the iPhone day to day I found myself getting frustrated with the "non-push" email and the sluggishness of EDGE...and ultimately I ended up in LA on a businesss trip and got so frustrated with the slowness of the email I vowed to go back to BB when I got home. So I did. I went back, started with the Curve, then an 8810 and then back to the Curve 8310 (red) with GPS. I gave my son my iPhone (to keep it in the family) and would check in on it every now and then.

As time went on I found myself thinking about the iPhone more and more. Because even though the BB kills with the push it lacks severally in coolness. So every time I saw an iPhone in public I found myself hiding my BB in my pocket almost feeling ashamed (not really but go with me here)...

I finally couldn't take it anymore and decided to just buy another one (couldn't take my son's back--not cool). And I have to say, even though there have been no major updates I have been so happy with the phone. I switched my gmail to IMAP and I have to say it seems to be much more reliable...

So I'm back in the fold...and proud of it!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
It's been a while since I've posted here but I thought I'd get back in the mix with my experience.

I've been a die hard Apple guy forever. I was 3rd in line on i-day waited 13hours and I was so pumped. I had a blackberry before the iPhone and we all know how great the BB email works.

So as I began to use the iPhone day to day I found myself getting frustrated with the "non-push" email and the sluggishness of EDGE...and ultimately I ended up in LA on a businesss trip and got so frustrated with the slowness of the email I vowed to go back to BB when I got home. So I did. I went back, started with the Curve, then an 8810 and then back to the Curve 8310 (red) with GPS. I gave my son my iPhone (to keep it in the family) and would check in on it every now and then.

As time went on I found myself thinking about the iPhone more and more. Because even though the BB kills with the push it lacks severally in coolness. So every time I saw an iPhone in public I found myself hiding my BB in my pocket almost feeling ashamed (not really but go with me here)...

I finally couldn't take it anymore and decided to just buy another one (couldn't take my son's back--not cool). And I have to say, even though there have been no major updates I have been so happy with the phone. I switched my gmail to IMAP and I have to say it seems to be much more reliable...

So I'm back in the fold...and proud of it!
Welcome back!

You havn't been around for awhile so I'm sure you havn't heard next month a new model comes out with 30gb storage, new cut/paste, 3G, flash enabled, GPS....I would've warned you ahead of time but....

j/k....;):p

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I WISH! I WISH I WISH!

Welcome back!

You havn't been around for awhile so I'm sure you havn't heard next month a new model comes out with 30gb storage, new cut/paste, 3G, flash enabled, GPS....I would've warned you ahead of time but....

j/k....;):p