Returner's Remorse

nab572

Aug 9, 2007
OK, I'll spare you all the details, but I've been through maybe 4 phones in the last month. Not satisfied w/ anything. Finally broke down & tried the iPhone, vowing that I would give it the full 14 days before I made up my mind.

A day & a half later, I returned it. Again, sparing the details, LOL... maybe I have OCD or something. That's a topic for another forum. :p My biggest complaint was the total touch screen & the idea of trying to dial while driving. Yeah, I know you're not supposed to do that anyway, but most of us do it & the touch screen freaked me out.

So then I thought I'd just get an ipod. Now I'm returning that (again, yes, psycho). Thought I'd just wait for the new Razr to come out. Now, today, I think I'm having returner's remorse about the iPhone. :eek: I think I might want it back.

Clearly, I would need to be certain this time, as I've already lost the 10% restocking fee once.

Am I really just that nuts, or has anyone else gone through anything similar. Any thoughts on the driving thing? The only other things I wish I had were MMS & voice memos, but... odds are I could live without those.

Any advice for the terminally indecisive? :sick:

Schrocker

Jul 7, 2007
West Coast
Give it at least a week... definitely more than 24 hours!

Okay...

It took me a day to "play" with my iPhone at least. I loaded up the data I wanted on it. Played with it. Tried emailing, taking pics and emailing them. Drove around and checked out how the EDGE network was working. Played with the iPod. Yada.. yada.. yada.

After the initial excitement, I was pleased to discover that I actually found the iPhone a wonderful, useful gadget. One that makes me more productive and able to do things I couldn't even dream of doing before having it.

I think you gotta live with it a little. Experiment. See what you like and what you don't like if you can overcome it or maybe you don't need it. You've got 14 days to make a decision. I'd give it at least that on a try-out. It's still not a commitment and you can take it back. So ignore the fact that you're commitment phobic and just play... have fun!

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
try the iPhone again and keep it for a longer time, for the driving thing, I guess you should just type your numbers at a red light and don't risk causing an accident. Good luck

nab572

Aug 9, 2007
try the iPhone again and keep it for a longer time, for the driving thing, I guess you should just type your numbers at a red light and don't risk causing an accident. Good luck
I have one question for Apple... How in the world do you make a phone, in this day and age, especially one with a total touch screen, and NOT include voice dialing? :p

Jul 11, 2007
Hey nab,
Don't feel bad... I have had mine for over a month and am still not totally sold on it! Now, before I get flamed why I'm on here... I do really LIKE the phone, I just don't love it. So, to comment on your indecisiveness... well, I'm just not sure either.

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
one good thing is that they are updating and coming out with new apps almost daily.

Now that they have been hacked there really is no limit as to what you will be able to do in the near future.

In fact, someone has already created an app for voice memos.

go here:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/new-iphone-app-voice-recorder.7097/

It wouldn't surprise me to see an app or even an update from Apple giving us voice dialing.

The great thing about this phone that is greater then all others are the possibilities. . .they truly are endless.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Every phone is going to have things that it can and can't do. You just have to either accept that and find the best phone to suit your needs and get adjusted to it, or you can buy a different phone every other week and complain they don't do everything perfect. My advice would be to do what you want to do, that's what makes you an individual! But I would try to stick with something long enough to adjust to it.

asuandy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I purchased one on iDay and then took it back after 14 days because I just didn't like it at the time for whatever reason. Last Saturday I bought another :p i had major returners remorse too

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
I had buyer's remorse for a couple of days after but it passed. . .I LOVE the iPhone!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
i had buyers remorse too at first. mainly b/c i wasn't used to the touch screen keyboard, dialing etc. well and the fact i had a $200 ETF to pay to switch to ATT. but after using the phone for a few days i got used to the touchscreen keyboard and i'm very happy with it now. my only complaint is easy way to do ringtones and MMS.

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
i had buyers remorse too at first. mainly b/c i wasn't used to the touch screen keyboard, dialing etc. well and the fact i had a $200 ETF to pay to switch to ATT. but after using the phone for a few days i got used to the touchscreen keyboard and i'm very happy with it now. my only complaint is easy way to do ringtones and MMS.
For a ringtone maker, have you tried this? it is so easy and works great!
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/iphoneringtonemaker-is-here.5919/

Last edited by a moderator: