Returning AT&T Next trade-in phone

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Apple4me, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

I ordered my new iPhone 6s+ from the Apple Store on the AT&T Next program and have been trying to figure out how to return my trade-in iPhone 6+ to AT&T. After wasting hours of time talking with AT&T and Apple, and visiting both the AT&T and Apple Stores trying to figure out how to get my trade-in iPhone 6+ phone returned, I finally figured out how to do it. On the orders page of your Apple account, there is a tiny link that you can press to generate a return label for returning your trade-in. By pressing this link, you will see detailed instructions for returning your trade-in as well as a link to generate an email to yourself with the actual label.

I hope that I can save others from hours of wasted time trying to figure this out.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

You went to the AT&T Store and consulted with an actual human and he/she and his/her manager were both of no assistance? That is sad, not to mention unacceptable.

Apple Store personnel should also have been able to assist.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This is good information. Thanks. I was wondering how that worked.

I've had similar results. It's surprising that many of their representatives still don't know the procedure for trade-ins over a year after they started offering Next upgrades. The AT&T reps that I spoke with at the corporate store here gave me incorrect information regarding Next trade-ins. I ended up paying mine off because they told me I wouldn't be able to order through Apple on pre-order night if it wasn't paid off. They said even if I turned it into them that day, which was two weeks before preorders started, I wouldn't be able to order another Next phone through Apple until the following billing cycle, which would have been October. They said I would have to order through AT&T, which I didn't want to do.

I'm not too surprised that Apple employees don't know since they aren't the ones handling the returns.