Returning iPhone Problems

Zach23

Oct 11, 2007
Hey guys,
Heres my problem...

I bought a refurbished phone (that won't make a difference i think) online and sent it to my uncles in the US. He sent it to me in Canada. I've had it for about a month now and there are 2 main problems. First is that there is a MAJOR echo... its so big for the other person, and soo annoying. Second is that it overheats to point that it hurts to hold. I have an unlocked 1.1.1, what should I do if I want to go to the US and return it. Restore and jailbreak? Do you think they'll return it? What do I do if they ask for my phone number..if I tell them 416 they'll no its not US and thereforee not AT&T. Are they going to test it in the store? :S

Thank you for your time,
Zach

Resident Plarp

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
www2.oakland.edu
I have the echo problem too. It's strange, the echo says the same thing I do but it sounds like a large black male's voice. Odd.

akilgore23

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
Albuquerque NM
I don't think you have to worry about them (AT&T) checking the software in the store. I had returned a hacked iPhone with the jailbreakme and the installer on the phone with no questions. But i did hide the icons and did a reset from the iPhone menu so you couldnt tell just by looking at it:sick:

Zach23

Oct 11, 2007
I don't think you have to worry about them (AT&T) checking the software in the store. I had returned a hacked iPhone with the jailbreakme and the installer on the phone with no questions. But i did hide the icons and did a reset from the iPhone menu so you couldnt tell just by looking at it:sick:
Yeah but you are AT&T right? Im not and if I go to the Apple store in the US to return they will probably ask for my phone number... what should I say then?

-Zach

akilgore23

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
Albuquerque NM
actually i think Apple only has a 14 day return policy and you said youve had it for about a month. You might be SOL.

Zach23

Oct 11, 2007
Should I activate it with jailbreakme before I return it? and just take installer off?

akilgore23

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
Albuquerque NM
i would just try to do a restore from iTunes so its back to factory then take it into the store

Zach23

Oct 11, 2007
Just wondering do I need to bring the box and all the crap that came with it?

akilgore23

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
Albuquerque NM
Are you trying to return it or have it fixed? Because they wont have it returned if its after the 14 days but if you want them to try to fix it i don't think you need the box and the stuff it came with but before showing someone at Apple your phone i would def. Restore it because if they see that its beed hacked they wont help you and they will void the warranty