Returning iPhone user

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by peejay1977, Oct 18, 2011.

1. peejay1977

peejay1977 New Member

Hi all, have returned back to iPhones after being on a Blackberry for the last 13 months and loving it so far.

I picked up a 16Gb 4S on Friday morning. My only gripes with it so far are the inability to add an attachment to an email after you've started writing it and the fact that if you crop a photo you can't (or at least I haven't found it) save the edited photo as a copy rather than being forced to overwrite the original.

Other than that I'm a happy man :)

Paul

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Welcome back. I agree, wish we had that feature. Odd it's not there. Noticed it was there on the HP TouchPad this morning and wish we had it on iOS.

3. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

If you need to add a photo to an email after the fact, just copy it from the photo album (tap and hold from the picture or the album view, or if you need to copy multiple items, tap the action/arrow button in the album view). Also, you can get back to the original in the Crop mode by tapping the Constrain button and then tapping Original, then save. But I agree, there should be a "Save a Copy" like there is with trimming videos.

4. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

That's a nice trick I like that.

5. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

I wonder what happens if we edit after the photo has been uploaded to iCloud... will it modify the one already there or upload a separate modified image? I will have check and see....

Michael

6. peejay1977

peejay1977 New Member

The trick with constrain doesn't work for me, constrain just constrains the aspect ratio, no matter what combo I try it always saves over the original which is frustrating as I've saved it as a copy on one of the pics I cropped and I'm sure it asked me if I wanted to......odd.....

7. bls8195

bls8195 Member
    Bronze

I am currently with the Droid Bionic, which I love very much the screen size and everything I have had every iPhone that has come out on launch day but the 4s, is it worth the switch back in ya'lls opinion?

8. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

If you edit a pic from a photo album, it will ask if you want to save it to camera roll, but even then, it should save the whole image and let you drag the crop borders back out to the original size...

9. peejay1977

peejay1977 New Member

Thanks fury I'm with ya now, didn't realise even with the cropped photo it retains the original photo information even tho at first glance it's "hidden". Nice one :)