Returning my 3G :(

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Nothing but problems since I got it, and now it crashes iTunes when docked >.<

Old iPhone still works like a champ. I may exchange the 3g for a new one, but I'm not looking forward to this direct fufillment process :/

Sad panda...

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Nothing but problems since I got it, and now it crashes iTunes when docked >.<

Old iPhone still works like a champ. I may exchange the 3g for a new one, but I'm not looking forward to this direct fufillment process :/

Sad panda...
Dude, just exchange it....Mine has worked great since day 1. Maybe just try a restore, there is a new F/W out already the iTunes will default to when restoring.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Dude, just exchange it....Mine has worked great since day 1. Maybe just try a restore, there is a new F/W out already the iTunes will default to when restoring.
I've restored it quite a few times actually, and since this latest one, my iTunes crashes whenever I dock my 3g. It doesn't crash, however, if I dock my v1 iPhone. SO yeh, right now I feel like your avatar to say the least, lol.

My v1 is still running like 2.5c ziPhone jailbreak, I mean the thing is a beast and has not failed me once. Makes me think twice about this 3g which is just running stock. I mean I've been booted out of every app I bought or got for free on it so far. I only upgraded the firmware because I read it helps squash some bugs. Unfortunately, it only made whatever hole they were getting in through bigger, and it's been a downward spiral ever since.

Its going back, I reckon I'll use the ride there to decide if I'm gonna do the fulfillment routine.

Oh yeah, this "Erase" feature is taking quite a while, that makes me think its working pretty well :)

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Dude, just exchange it....Mine has worked great since day 1.
ditto, I think you got a dud. I would exchange it and then if you don't like it or continue to have problems then return it. But I would give another one a chance

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
My AIM app is causing me nothing but problems today and I am still displeased about the display but I won't be returning it. Sucks that you have to return.

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
just exchange it bro. I had to exchange mine already and the new one is much better!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks for the advice, I just have to say its a little unnerving to have to go through all this. I waited in line for 3 hours to get my first one, now I'm worse off than the people who didn't get one that day and had to direct fulfill. When I returned mine today, I saw a person picking up theirs which they had direct fulfilled the same day I was walking out of the store with mine... >.<

Top this off with the fact that my v1 iPhone is called the "Jesus Phone" in the office because it has NEVER had a problem, and is running great on the 2.5c ziPhone jb, only ever did it once!

I guess I expected the same level of quality this time around. Needless to say...

ENTERT8NER

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
My AIM app is causing me nothing but problems today and I am still displeased about the display but I won't be returning it. Sucks that you have to return.
Is there a way to have the AIM always on even when you put your phone to sleep? It kind of sucks that it logs you off every time your in sleep mode. It's like who is going to IM you when it shows your offline even though you have your iPhone in your hand.

Thanks...