Returning my iPhone for an exchange - save contacts?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Usual21

Jul 5, 2007
Hey everyone,

In another post, I have discussed how my iPhone keeps jumping back to the home screen while using the apps. I'm going to the Apple store this afternoon to exchange it, but would like to know one thing. I've spent a lot fo time setting up contacts. Is ther any way to save the data to my pc to then transfer it back? Thanks!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Hey everyone,

In another post, I have discussed how my iPhone keeps jumping back to the home screen while using the apps. I'm going to the Apple store this afternoon to exchange it, but would like to know one thing. I've spent a lot fo time setting up contacts. Is ther any way to save the data to my pc to then transfer it back? Thanks!
Just make sure it's stored in your Outlook or Outlook Express contact book. When you get your new phone, it'll sync right up and load all the contacts.

Usual21

Jul 5, 2007
As of right now, my contacts are only in my iPhone. I did them all by hand. I don't have any stored in Outlook express or Outlook. Is there any way to get them off the iPhone and into one of those programs?

Thanks

fredthedog

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Hey everyone,

Before you return your iPhone have you reset the phone (held the button at the top for 6 secs till the slider appears and shut it all the way down? Then press again to restart). This solves the problem 99% of the time.

ximermot

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
sync with iTunes. as long as you have the correct option checked it will load your contacts into outlook or outlook express and you will have them saved there.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
As of right now, my contacts are only in my iPhone. I did them all by hand. I don't have any stored in Outlook express or Outlook. Is there any way to get them off the iPhone and into one of those programs?

Thanks
Have you tried syncing it to OUtlook or Outlook express? On mine when I had contacts to the phone the next time I sync it loads the contacts to my Outlook. I did have my other contacts on Outlook first though. Another guy had problems trying to sync when he put his contacts in by hand. I've put dozens in by hand and it worked for me to sync with my outlook.

That's what I would try first.