Returning my iPhone today

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
And getting an 8gb. When I bought these 2 phones I thought 4gb was enough, yes it wasn't. I just called Apple and asked them if I could do that and I can which is really cool since I bought it at at & t and not at that Apple store.

:)

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Damn thats awesome.. are they going to charge you a restocking fee tho even though you are taking 2 out? Goodluck hopefullu everything goes ok..

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
Damn thats awesome.. are they going to charge you a restocking fee tho even though you are taking 2 out? Goodluck hopefullu everything goes ok..
yes they're charging me the 10% restocking fee which I have no problem with, I'm only returning 1 of them to get the 8gb, my wife has the 4gb and has always had either a mini or a nano and never come close to filling it up she's only got about 1.5gb of music on there now and doesn't watch videos on hers. Me on the other hand had a 30gb Photo then went to 30gb Zune(mainly becaise of widescreen) so I love watching tc shows on my iPhone during lunch breaks, and would like to have a bigger selection. So I figure with the 8gb I can go about 4gb of music 3 gb of video and save the rest for taking photos.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Yeah, you will love the storage. I got lucky, the day I bought my phone all they had were 8GB's in stock... it saved me from buying a 4GB if the situation was reversed... I probably would have settled just to get my hands on one. the iPhone gods were smiling on me that day.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
I didn't have the 8gb option when I went all they had was 2 4gb left in stock and I was sure it would be enough space because I was going to keep my Zune, but once I started playing with the iPhone I thought why the hell would I keep my Zune and have to carry 2 gadgets with me.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
Unfortunately I didn't go on iDay, had to work and couldnt take off :(. I didn't get mine for 3 days after, lol. And let me tell you it was a long 3 days I couldnt wait any longer once I found a store that had some in stock.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Unfortunately I didn't go on iDay, had to work and couldnt take off :(. I didn't get mine for 3 days after, lol. And let me tell you it was a long 3 days I couldnt wait any longer once I found a store that had some in stock.
Not sure how things went on the right coast, but out here I walked into the Apple Store at 8:00pm on iDay and grabbed the 8GB no problem. Didn't have to call in sick to work or anything :)

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Watch out though. Like all drives you actually have less then 8GB. you'll get around 7.1 if I'm correct. I'm not gonna get into why, but it's just to warn you. I knew this was going to happen because I have about 6GB of music and was frustrated that I knew I wouldn't get 2GB of video on their...oh well wait for the next release to have like 50GB :p

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
Very lucky, every store I called around here was sold out of them until just recently, which is why I had to wait a week and a half before I could find a store that had them so I can exchange.
God I cant wait to get out of work and go get my 8gb, lol.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
Watch out though. Like all drives you actually have less then 8GB. you'll get around 7.1 if I'm correct. I'm not gonna get into why, but it's just to warn you. I knew this was going to happen because I have about 6GB of music and was frustrated that I knew I wouldn't get 2GB of video on their...oh well wait for the next release to have like 50GB :p
yes I know about how the drive sizes work, it has to do with actually formatted disk space vs physical volume if I remember correctly.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
Yes I can the iPhone is syncing as I type putting the entire Season 1 of Reno 911, Spiderman 3, The Matrix, Lord of War and 800 songs! i love Apple, they did the exchange with no receipt and did not even charge me the 10% restock fee. Talk about customer service!

JSchu22

Jul 3, 2007
Yes I can the iPhone is syncing as I type putting the entire Season 1 of Reno 911, Spiderman 3, The Matrix, Lord of War and 800 songs! i love Apple, they did the exchange with no receipt and did not even charge me the 10% restock fee. Talk about customer service!
How did you manage to get the full refund without the restocking fee?

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
How did you manage to get the full refund without the restocking fee?
I honestly don't know I just went in and asked very nicely if I could return a phone I bought at at & t there, at first he said no and his manager came over and said just do it, and ring it under any receipt number, then he was doing the exchange he asked his manager about the restock and he said we don't charge restock fees on exchanges. Guess I got lucky!