Reveal (the culmination of my being has come)

Discussion in '1k Member Reveals' started by computerfox, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Alexander

Alexander Zealot
    Gold

If people don't eat meat because they think it's unnatural or cruel then I'm fine with that (though I prefer it not be taken to an extreme). It's the people who do it just for kicks that kind of bug me.

2. computerfox

computerfox Zealot
    Gold

what do you mean? are you saying my reason isn't valid?

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's awesome, Youngbinks! It's a very commendable profession. One of the nurses I work with goes to "Operation Smile" every year. It's 10 day (I think) pro bono plastic surgery operation. A team of medical volunteers from all over the world get together and perform 100+ cleft palate repair surgeries for children in under developed countries. She's in Vietnam right now. She's always trying to get me to go with her. Maybe someday, I will.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Can I go with you? I've always wanted to go swimming in the Gulf of Tonkin.

Yeah, yeah - that's it...

5. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

I cannot wait to join Operation Smiles and/or Doctors Without Borders. The work they do in underdeveloped countries is astoundingly awesome. A friend's cousin travels with them twice a year and I'm trying to arrange a time when I'll be able to tag along.

6. AdrianCubed

AdrianCubed Zealot
    Gold

Yeah, Hunting for sport, or game is messed up. I was referring to killing the animal in a Kosher or Halal way for consumption. Shooting them with "yer budz" or hunting them for game is REALLY wrong IMO.

What one wont do, 100+ others will. I forget the syndrome some people have when they constantly feel they need alterations to their bodies (lol look at me, alterations like its a bloody suit). I think its called Body Dysmorphic Disorder or something. Whats amusing is when people get botched operations when they went in for something "small" or something that REALLY was obvious that they didn't need anything done. If its not broken, don't fix it. Learn to Love your looks and make the best of them. If you don't like something (along the lines of a little fat here and there) or the colour of your hair, there are very easy steps to change it. Work out, or buy a bottle of Nice and Easy dye.

Those people also piss me off. Fox has a completely legitimate reason. Some people are just like "Oh im a Vegetarian because". "Because what?" "Oh because i just felt like it".

Its not a bloody trend, fad, or a crash diet. Have a really good reason why you are giving up meat... because giving up meat is hard for some.

No no! WE LOVE your reason dude. We we're just bringing up some of the other people who decide to live a vegetarian lifestyle "just because".

Which brings me to another point... PETA. Some of them are idiots... the chairman or whoever is at the top of PETA is most likely driving around in a luxury car. What do luxury cars have inside them? Leather. Where does Leather come from? Cows. Riight.... So you don't have a luxury car you say? Oh alright so what is your bed made of. Wood. Wood comes from trees right? Yep. Trees make forests right? Sure. So the wood it took to make your bed was part of a tree, or rainforest which was chopped down, milled and fashioned. Causing any animal to be shelterless or die or even wander into an urban area. So explain to me, is that ethical that you support an oxymoronic cause?

Ok enough ranting for me.

7. Ramesh

Ramesh Zealot
    Gold

Nice reveal Fox. I do have to point something out that made me lol. "I listen to everything EXCEPT...". I always find it funny when people say that. You (not you, a general you) don't really listen to "everything" if you in the same breath cut out several genres. I actually do listen to everything including rap, polka, bag pipes, country, etc.

/rant

Congrats on hitting 1k. You should pass Dave by Tuesday. ;)

8. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

Tuesday of 2012.

9. computerfox

computerfox Zealot
    Gold

exactly. i actually do like celtic. i just can't stand country and techno.

also, nah i'm sure i'll pass him by next week :D

10. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

I was just going to follow you on Twitter, then had a thought...

If you post this much here, imagine what your twitter feed would be like! ;)

11. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

He has slowed down ten-fold since hitting Genius. Coincidence? :p

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

13. computerfox

computerfox Zealot
    Gold

jerks! i've just been busy with work, plus isn't that what you guys wanted. you complain about my obsessive postings, and then when i'm rarely here due to work, you complain why i'm not posting obessively. WTF? stop stalking me lol

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

See, Kaba? Note the inherent paranoia...;)

15. computerfox

computerfox Zealot
    Gold

yes, indeed i do suffer from paranoia, but you guys are more annoying me then getting me paranoid. kindda like a water bug that keeps hitting my lamp.

16. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Want me to lock your thread? That would stop it.

:)

17. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

Nothing to see here Sir... :sneaky:

18. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

Trust me, no one is complaining about your lack of posts. That I can assure you...

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, it is. He was harassed a bit for posting so much.

I liked it when he posted a lot.

20. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

You would.... ;)