Review: Agent18 Eco iPhone Shield case

rennyn

Bronze
I purchased my iPhone in mid-December and have had this case on it almost since I bought it.

The case is a fairly standard slim hard plastic case you can buy for many PDA type phones out there. It comes in two pieces that slide together. At first I was a little wary of how they just ’slide’ together with no latch or real ‘click’ to seal the deal, but I’ve never had it so much as even start to come apart in my pocket or anywhere else.

The case is hard plastic, but not overly smooth and I find that I can grip the phone far easier with the case on than off. It adds just the right amount of bulk to the iPhone so that it fits snugly in your hand.
Lookwise I would have to give it 10/10. It basically gets rid of all the silver and turns your entire iPhone into a nice black, which makes it look rather unique.

My only real issue with this case is that for people like myself who keep their phone in their pocket most of the time, dust and grit can work its way between the case and the phone. It isn’t a huge issue, but if my pockets got a little dirtier for some reason or another I could see it causing some problems.

Pros:
Nice, snug fit
Sleek look
Makes phone easier to grip
Protects phone against scratches

Cons:
Dust/grit can get between case and phone
Little to no shock absorption.
Pics (more, higher quality ones, can be found in xwtfbrendan's thread here):

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
very good. I'm also a happy a18 user.

only i only have one iPhone.

rennyn

Bronze
I only have one too LOL You can see the reflection of my friend's that I used to take the pic. Wish I had a real digital camera around, because they didn't turn out as well as I'd like. :D

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, i find that the iPhone really needs sunlight (or equivalent) to take good pics. standard indoor lights generally don't cut it.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
i love my a18. Im actually thinking about using a dremel and cutting out the square that has the tree in it to reveal the Apple logo. Then sand it real nice to it looks legit.

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
That is actually a really good idea... I have used the agent 18 eco shield ever since it came out and no matter what case i go out to buy, i always go back to this one. I love it! I am going to go home and dremel out the tree tonight and i will post photos on the site tonight! Thanks again for the tip!

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
That is actually a really good idea... I have used the agent 18 eco shield ever since it came out and no matter what case i go out to buy, i always go back to this one. I love it! I am going to go home and dremel out the tree tonight and i will post photos on the site tonight! Thanks again for the tip!
psyched that you like my idea! And I'm glad you did it and posted a thread. Looks good can't wait to do it

rennyn

Bronze
Kyle, that mod looks awesome, I saw the pics in your other thread.

On another note, I've got a Seidio case coming this week, as well an iSkin Revo case.

I'm such a phone and accessory whore lol

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, then you're an accessory pimp.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I have the Black A18 myself and i love it i do like the idea about cutting the tree out i had the same idea when i saw my wifes Clear A18 we bought this weekend it shows the Apple off very nicely

i love my a18. Im actually thinking about using a dremel and cutting out the square that has the tree in it to reveal the Apple logo. Then sand it real nice to it looks legit.