Review an App, Win More Apps Contest Update

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Thanks to everyone who submitted their reviews today. The winner has been selected and contacted via email. Earlier today, I sent an email to last week's winner. I'm waiting to hear back from both winners.

Winners of week 2 and 3 failed to contact me. I emailed them, announced them on the site and received no response. Seems it's getting harder and harder to give away free stuff.:p Based on the rules, they have one day to contact me and we've extended that courtesy well beyond that date.

So, what do we do? Well, here's my thought. The contest ends on Monday and I'll randomly select the final winner based upon reviews received between now and Monday. For those winners who have not responded, we'll add that back into the pool for one final drawing on Monday, September 8th. For this bonus drawing, we'll make everyone who took part in the contest eligible. Winner gets to choose either an iTunes Gift Card or an Apple Store Gift Card.

Sound fair?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Oh darn, and I submitted four review today.

Anyway, yeah, sounds good to me.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Seems it's getting harder and harder to give away free stuff.:p

Sound fair?
Sounds pretty fair Chris.
This reminds me of something that happened here a few days ago. We have a minor league baseball team here in town. One night for a promotion they had employees just inside the gates handing out envelopes and asking if you wanted something for free. Of course most thought it was a gimmick with strings attached so they either declined or pitched the envelope in the garbage can. Well the smart ones opened theirs and then went trash diving. The envelope contained a $5 gift card from a local gas chain.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Sounds pretty fair Chris.
This reminds me of something that happened here a few days ago. We have a minor league baseball team here in town. One night for a promotion they had employees just inside the gates handing out envelopes and asking if you wanted something for free. Of course most thought it was a gimmick with strings attached so they either declined or pitched the envelope in the garbage can. Well the smart ones opened theirs and then went trash diving. The envelope contained a $5 gift card from a local gas chain.
Very frustrating. I'm looking to finish up the various contests. This week we give away an iPhone 3G (or at least an Apple Store Gift Card for $199).

The worst was the iPhone giveaway. Yeah, all $599 of it. The original winner never contacted me. Good thing for the second guy, as he was pretty happy.

@Lincoln....your odds were good!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Sounds fair to me too!

I wonder what's happening with those winners who didn't respond? Did the email get caught in their spam filters? Did they just ignore it? Weird...

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
If there is an app I want to review that is not listed, will someone add it for me? I cannot figure out how to do that.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Chris don't mean to bug but i wondered if the one i did today got to ya.

Im not sure i did it right

Larry

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Sorry for the delay, but I've just sent an email to the winner of week 6.

I'll be making an announcement regarding next week's Pot Luck drawing.