Review: Seidio iPhone Innocase + Holster

rennyn

Bronze
I can't post my entire review here because it limits the number of images posted. You can read (and see) the entire thing by clicking below on the title:

Review: iPhone - Seidio Innocase (Blue) + Holster

Posted on February 7, 2008

What a beautiful iPhone case!

I just received this puppy a couple days ago, and color me impressed.

This case is slightly rubbery, slightly shiny, more than a little cool looking, and very sturdy. It blows my old Agent18 hard and InCase rubber cases out of the water. I work with about 4 people with iPhones, and 3 of them have already threatened to steal it.

The case comes in two pieces as you can see from the first thumbnail. The backing of the case that sits behind your iPhone is very very soft and cushioned. The pieces snap together with 2 little prongs on each side, plus the larger one on the back. In pictures the mechanism on the back looks rather bulky, but I can tell you in person it is hardly noticeable - and if anything it adds just a tiny bit more grip to this thing when you’re holding it, sitting right under your fingers as you type on the on-screen keyboard.

More pics can be found here. Unable to post them due to forum limits.

The matching belt holster is also a wonderfully designed accessory. I’ve used belt clips with several of my past phones, both Seidio’s and several other manufacturers, and this one is also a great improvement. It has a layer of black felt-like material to keep your iPhone screen all nice and safe with its face-in design. Build-wise the belt clip is top notch. It is particularly sturdy, and the clip is strong. It uses a spring clip design that rests on the top of the phone and is very easy to press and release the phone. Inserting the phone is as simple as pressing down on the phone itself. Between the slightly rubberized case itself, plus all the extra padding in the case and on the clip, I feel a bit more confident about my precious taking a little spill or two - but I’m not about to test it out on more than plush carpet or my couch.

I’ve been using the Innocase for a few days now both in my pants pocket and with the attached belt clip. In my pocket it resides with my wallet on a daily basis. So far I haven’t seen any signs of wear at all on this thing and it remains shiny and new.

I’m not sure what else I can say about this Innocase + Belt Holster combo except that so far I am really enjoying it. It gets a ton of comments about how nice it looks, too, which is never a bad thing.

Overall I can’t find any faults with it. The feel is just right - not slippery, but not so rubbery that I can’t easily pull it out of a pocket. If you have used previous Seidio rubberized cases, it is a completely different material. It is sturdy, slightly padded, and not bulky in the least. So far out of all the ones I’ve used, it is the winner.

You can find the Innocase on Seidio’s website in black, burgundy or blue (my favorite and oh so pretty) for $32.95. It is also available as a package with the belt holster for $49.95. No word yet on if the belt holster is available separately for those who only want the Innocase for now or have already ordered it. EDIT: Link to the holster by itself for anyone who might want to order it after already receiving their Innocase.

Later this week (or next week) we’ll see if it remains my top choice after I receive the iSkin revo case. Beyond that, I’ll also be testing the Seidio iPhone screen protector in the coming week as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Cool case. I think im done with cases though. Unless im riding or doing something physical and outside. I just love the iPhone naked. Its too nice to use my cases. Ive dropped it plenty without problems. But very cool case. Would probably get it if i didn't already have 2.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
Does the case completely cover the chrome rim on the front? From the pictures on Seidio's website, it appears that the chrome is visible.

Last edited by a moderator:

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
Pretty slick looking case. If it protects the chrome better than what it looks like on the website, I'm going to order one tonight.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
What a beautiful iPhone case!
Does the case completely cover the chrome rim on the front? From the pictures on Seidio's website, it appears that the chrome is visible.
The chrome is visible all the way around, save the two bottom corners. It really looks really slick and is one of the reasons I got this case.

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
did you order it with the holster?
im debating whether or not to spend 55 bucks on a case.. ive already bought the switch easy capsule, and the old seidio case.. hmm i do need one though
My capsule broke, which is why I bought the Sedio. No clip though, 55 was steep for a case- esp. after losing 30 bucks instead of winning 600 when your Northridge hoops team didn't cover last night at Pacific (I did win the second half though, thus only dropping 30).

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Just got mine a couple hours ago, it's niiice:laugh2:. Very solid feeling as compared to my old Seidio ruberized "clamshell" case. It's a little off on one side, I can see more bezel than the other side:(. But first impressions are good, now just need to grab me some anti-glare films and I'll be all good!

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder

I was going to use clear hockey tape to buffer the sides like I did with my Agent18. That was until I realized how much of the bezel actually shows through. I got mine today and now I'm on the fence. I was super excited to get the case, but there is sure a lot of the bezel exposed. I'm not overly anal about the bezel scratching, but I just upgraded 4 days ago so I'd at least like to give the new 16g bezel a fighting chance.

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
I was going to use clear hockey tape to buffer the sides like I did with my Agent18. That was until I realized how much of the bezel actually shows through. I got mine today and now I'm on the fence. I was super excited to get the case, but there is sure a lot of the bezel exposed. I'm not overly anal about the bezel scratching, but I just upgraded 4 days ago so I'd at least like to give the new 16g bezel a fighting chance.
I've had my blue Innocase on for almost 2 weeks now, wear it everyday with the holster, just got back from an international trip. So far, no scratches.

I think this would only be a problem if you tend to slip the thing into your pocket...and even then, only into a tight-fitting pocket.