Review your iPhone 3GS in our customer review section

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Starting later this morning, we'll start accepting iPhone 3G S reviews in our customer review section. I welcome registered members and guests to submit their reviews of the new iPhone 3G S.

You can rate the iPhone 3G S on 5 criteria and submit your comments.

-Chris

Last edited:

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Volume increase is ok.

Everything took about 45 minutes when I was about 100th person in line. Very smooth and the fastest part was actually the in-store activation when they plugged my phone in. That took about 30 seconds.

Compass works very nicely and doesn't jump all over the place. It does work horizontally and vertically oriented which even my Garming handheld had trouble doing. Haven't found out how the Compass directional field works in Maps yet.

After a restore that took about 5 minutes, every icon and setting is cloned from my 3G. The only thing is, now my 3Gs has my Lifetime usage of my 3G showing on it.

I said it before, but CRAP! This thing opens apps fast. iPod is instant on the S, takes 4 seconds on the 3G.

Camera focus and video are on par and even better than expected.

The screen is a shade darker under highest brightness. Maybe the coating has something to do with it. It's very noticeable when the screen auto dims.

Battery % indicator is under the "usage" setting. Good to have.

Oh my, the screen is now a dust magnet with that coating.

raezilla

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
san francisco, califas
so happy with my 3gs, going from v1 its such a jump, just waiting to use my phone today sucked i think the activation took up to 30mins... but i just got homw and noticed no dock, did Apple stop doing that with 3g.
but oh so fast. 4 stars so far(first day)

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
so happy with my 3gs, going from v1 its such a jump, just waiting to use my phone today sucked i think the activation took up to 30mins... but i just got homw and noticed no dock, did Apple stop doing that with 3g.
but oh so fast. 4 stars so far(first day)
Yep, all you get is a cable now.

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
Flawless...except...

My own flaws.. I was first in line of about 70 people at 7AM here on the east coast. My activation went without a hitch (even though I did have to pay $499.00 to upgrade from the 3G). When I got home I plugged into iTunes and was given the choice to restore from a recent backup of my 3G or install as a new phone. I chose to restore a backup, copying everything that was in my old phone to the new one. Everything went well and looked perfect, however, when starting some of my applications I got strange errors like can not find pin or can't find device ID. After doing some research I found that when some of these apps install, they are tied to the device ID. I could have deleted the app and download it again but I decided to restore to factory settings again and this time chose to install as a new phone.

I did have to set up some of my individual apps again but they work great now. The good side of doing it this way, is that I got to choose exactly what I wanted on my new phone. Some of the apps I had on the old phone, I never used.

The new phone is sweet. Nice and fast. All of my old cases fit it perfectly. I really appreciate having double the ram and a faster processor. I have it about half filled. (which would fill my other phone). All in all, it has been a great upgrade experience. Oh... And the battery life of this phone is much better than the 3G. I ran it all day long, testing apps and setting them up without a charge. My old (well, not so old) 3G would have been dead in three hours. A worthy investment.

Jun 17, 2009
Was on the fence about getting the phone and was going to wait for reviews but the day it came out I walked by the Apple store and they still had some phones left. I got it caved under the pressure I guess. Now I am so happy for the faster render speeds. I did a lot of 3G vs. 3GS to see if it actually does what it was advertised to do. I was blown away at how sluggish and slow the old 3G felt and the new phone was worth every cent. If you want the best in technology this phone is the one. The new maps feature with orientation is amazing and really helps you get somewhere without having to really think... its very easy and nice to be able to see which direction you are facing. (good for city streets.) The camera is perfect and looks like so much more than just 3mp. The touch focus is so cool and works very well. The video (in good light.) looks like HD with no problem in how fast you move or pixle lag. The phone makes the 3.0 update worth having and I am so pleased with the phone. It really is 2 times as fast! and now when I have good 3g service it really feels like wifi. With the faster speeds youtube is very enjoyable without having to wait for videos to load. If your on the fence about the phone just get it. You will laugh at your old 3G. =)

Last edited by a moderator:

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
I really like the iPhone 3G S. There still 4 features that I feel are missing:

1) Single call delete
2) Having call list be organized by ALL, INCOMING, OUTGOING, and MISSED (instead of only ALL and MISSED)
3) Zoom for camera
4) Ability to tell voice control to play a single song instead of having to tell it to play an artists, album, or playlist

Almost there Apple Inc., maybe the 4thGen iPhone will have EVERYTHING I'm looking for.

4.5/5

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
^^ yeah i would agree with your add ons that would make it complete. Although it is very close from what im seeing.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm new to the iPhone and so far I'm blown away by the 3GS. It has everything I really use and need. As a matter of fact, I find it is now so much easier to manage my emails from the iPhone. The speed of opening applications to surfing the web over wifi is incredible. I find the GPS to be very accurate (I use the Motionx GPS app). The video and camera features are really nice. Yes, it would be nice to have zoom but then that would require a whole new camera lens and more bulk. I really appreciate the beautiful screen with landscape keyboard. Spotlight feature is also very convenient. The main thing I would like to see in the future is multi-tasking and programs running in the background. I'm sure that will happen with the next generation iPhone.

Overall, the setup and activation was so smooth and trouble free. I'm extremely pleased.

raezilla

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
san francisco, califas
one thing that stands out to me the most is the start up time, the sync and back up time. such and improvment over my v1

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
You guys are completely daft... This thread is NOT for you to post your reviews. It's just so Chris can tell you where you are SUPPOSED to post your reviews.