ReVirginaizing?

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
I stuck with 1.1.1 and passed on 1.1.2 because I didn't want to loose some apps but now I think I'm ready to go ahead with this patch.

Do I still need to revirginize my iPhone or is that something that has since been worked out in the updating process?

If so does anyone have a link to that step by step? I thought it would be sticked.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Are you Jailbroken or Unlocked? If not, then you can simply upgrade without worrying about restoring first. You can still restore first if you wish and then upgrade to 1.1.3, but that is not necessary.

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Are you Jailbroken or Unlocked? If not, then you can simply upgrade without worrying about restoring first. You can still restore first if you wish and then upgrade to 1.1.3, but that is not necessary.
I used iBrickr to Jailbreak. How does that effect the process?

Can I just plug into itune and do an upgrade or do I reverginize?

Any help is appreciated.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You're going to want to revirginize, however, it's not entirely necessary. Be warned that you will LOSE your modifications that you put on the iPhone using iBrickr or any other program that assists in Jailbreaking. I would suggest plugging your phone into iTunes and then restoring your iPhone. This will clear it of any Apps and changes you have made using iBrickr. Once your phone is finished restoring, disconnect it from the computer and then reconnect it. Once you've done this iTunes should recognize that your phone is ready to update. At this time you're in the clear to update to 1.1.3 and you can use either iTunes 7.5 or 7.6.

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
You're going to want to revirginize, however, it's not entirely necessary. Be warned that you will LOSE your modifications that you put on the iPhone using iBrickr or any other program that assists in Jailbreaking. I would suggest plugging your phone into iTunes and then restoring your iPhone. This will clear it of any Apps and changes you have made using iBrickr. Once your phone is finished restoring, disconnect it from the computer and then reconnect it. Once you've done this iTunes should recognize that your phone is ready to update. At this time you're in the clear to update to 1.1.3 and you can use either iTunes 7.5 or 7.6.
Thank you for your input. Will I loose my notes and contacts as well?