"Revirginizer" released!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
The process is still extremely raw and unrefined, requiring some skill and patience, but has already been successful for a number of users who've followed it in meticulously. MMI is currently working on a guide.

Basically, what the "reverginizer" does is the answer to those whose phones were rendered useless after upgrading to 1.1.1..... iPhones unlocked with 1.0.2, then bricked, can now be upgraded to 1.1.1 and unlocked.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
After I try to runthe norz script it just says "waiting for data" and hangs - any suggestions?
This happened to me the first time i attempted, you baseband could be lost as you have 2 exit. (Meaning no calls, wifi etc)

DO NOT PANIC

Simply do an iTunes restore and start again! :laugh2:

redstar299

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Yes I restored and it works. Did you try the revirginizer again and did it work or there something I am missing and it will happen again?

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Yes I restored and it works. Did you try the revirginizer again and did it work or there something I am missing and it will happen again?
Don't install SSH via iNdependence (as it f**ks the process up).....use Open SSH through installer.

Are u Windows or Mac?

redstar299

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Hey

That's what I did - I used the open ssh through the installer...I did it via mac but have a windows laptop too and and use that to fix if anyone can help

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Hey

That's what I did - I used the open ssh through the installer...I did it via mac but have a windows laptop too and and use that to fix if anyone can help
I'd advise against using the guide on the Google code page and use THIS METHOD instead

as it worked for the 2 phones i done only a few hours ago on my Mac Mini.

After restoring my iPhone to a "Virgin" state i then used iFuntastic and used it for the "one click upgrade/jailbreak/springboard patch". It's excellent, i used iNdependence to activate :D

Hopefully you suceed this time :laugh2:

Good luck mate!

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
thats the one I used- uughh this is so frustrating.. is there anything else u did besides this? maybe i am missing something
don't think so mate. are u sure you are copying everything directly and that u have set all the file permissions to 755 (otherwise it won't work and could freeze)

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
which programs are you using to unlock and activate? Lets say I restore from scractch - what are you doing first?
The only reason i had to virginize my v1.02 phones is because i had used anySIM V1.02

The upgrade to v1.1.1 i used the 1 click upgrade through iFuntastic

Unlock i used anySIM V1.1

Activation i used iNdependence